The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save time and make for more complete answers please include details about truck model and year, approximate mileage, truck use, what you are trying do and what your goals are.

When looking for Cat info please state year, engine model, serial number and (possibly) arrangement number, we are not being snoopy, we need that to look up specs.

For Cummins we need year, (possible) serial number, model number and CPL.

For Detroit we need year, engine type, model number from valve cover and serial number.

For Gear Train questions we need trans or axle make and models, capacity and year. Truck model helps also. If you have questions about gearing please include application; i.e. heavy haul, off-road, long-haul etc. as well as engine, trans and tire size.

For chassis electrical include truck make, model and year, and the problem you are trying to fix.

Thank you for helping us help you ;)

·
2,824 Posts
Another note about posting, when you quote someone, type whatever you want to say before or after the quoted text, not within the quoted message itself, this will make deciphering messages easier.

·
2,555 Posts
Another thing that would be of value to everyone is to post the results of the help or suggestions that you recieve, like if someone's advice works or helps post back after you solve the problem. and the thank you button doesn't cost anything to use, if you find something usefull, thank the member that posted it, that thanks is about all a member gets out of helping other members.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 1991 International 2674 with PT315 Cummins Engine, front plow and wing plow,
Front mounted direct drive Hydro Pump. The truck overheats to 230 deg. and alarm sounds.
This occures while plowing at approx 25 mph. When I stop it cools down. This truck was professionaly outfitted when new for municipal use. I had a problem with the radiator shutters which i fixed. Still overheats. CLutch fan is working. Fluid is at required level.
I don,t know where the thermostat is located. Any info would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for cat et key code generator. My laptop crashed and car want help.l have been buying et from them for years.feels like thay are trying to still my money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking for help with tuning. I'm in Nebraska we are seeing several bad exhaust deletes coming into the shop. Lots of farmers high idle times newer trucks. Several c13 c 15 cats and the newer Cummins. I do some general tuning with egr mods and fuel mapping. I haven't much got into the deletes I let the big boys do that but these are our customers and now they want this stuff fixed and the mapping is no where near normal. Can any one point me in the right direction to fix these newer engines programing to straighten out the idle and turbo fuel tables. Thanks for any info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts