The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. 2006 GMC Duramax. 76,000 Miles. Just started flashing this code. Anybody have any idea what this could be? never had any issues before. Thanks any help would be good.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
You have a dead glow plug.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Its just like changing a spark plug. Easy as pie.

Disconnect the wire lead.
Unscrew the old glow plug.
Install new glow plug.
Reconnect wire lead.

Note to the wise, put a small amount of anti-sieze on the threads when you install the new plug.

:happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
second one back on passenger side.
the cylinder numbers are 1-3-5-7 on drivers and 2-4-6-8 on passenger side, always from the FRONT of the engine

If you take off your pass/side tire and wheel well, you will see the glowplugs and glowplug rail directly in front of you, just undo the small 8mm nut holding the gp rail on, and then gently remove the GP with a 12mm deep socket, and like Robert said, brush a little anti-seize on the threads and you should be golden

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
i know this may sound like a very stupid question......but which cylinder would be #4
I can also tell you from experience; when one goes dead, the others are not far behind. My advice to you would be to change them ALL out at one time.

:happymugs

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
second one back on passenger side.
the cylinder numbers are 1-3-5-7 on drivers and 2-4-6-8 on passenger side, always from the FRONT of the engine

If you take off your pass/side tire and wheel well, you will see the glowplugs and glowplug rail directly in front of you, just undo the small 8mm nut holding the gp rail on, and then gently remove the GP with a 12mm deep socket, and like Robert said, brush a little anti-seize on the threads and you should be golden
Incorrect.

4 is the second one back on the DRIVER's side, standing in front of the truck.

You have the driver / passenger side flip flopped. It's the opposite of GM gas motors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts