The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Need some help here. I pulled a PO676 code on my 2000 F250 with 220k. I don't believe it's the GPCM because I replaced that a while ago when I had codes pointing to glow plug failure on the entire left block.
I ohmed the yellow/white wire from the GPCM plug to the valve cover harness and it showed .4 ohms.
Should I now test glow plug 6 or pull valve cover and ohm that wire?
Thanks!

·
381 Posts
I would test the pins at the valve cover on that side to see if you have continuity. If so, pull the cover & go to #6 , pull the conn. off & check the glo plug. You should have continuity; if none, the plug is at fault. If ok, ck the harness backwards from the plug to where ever you loose continuity. Good luck.---Bob:bash

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull the cover. I'll see what I find. Thanks!

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I buzzed out the glow plugs from the uvch and #6 did not buzz. I ordered up the glow plugs from Rockauto.com. It was the cheapest I could find. The left side took me 2 hrs. #6 had a "small hole" in the tip. The other plugs didn't look too bad. I replaced them anyway because I didn't want to go through that again.

The right side looked like a nightmare. But it wasn't so bad. Took me 3 1/2 hours. Part of that was cleaning the crud off of the vc. I was able to get the very back bolt off using a 3" extension. I used a 6" extension and u-Joint to get the two bolts next to the AC box. The nut that holds down the dipstick tube to the vc was not cooperating. I used the 3" and 6" extension and hooked that to my 1/4" impact driver and it came out after a few seconds. The brackets for the heater hoses didn't come out that easy and I didn't want to break them or bust a knuckle. I didn't remove the filler tube or the AC compressor. Just had to maneuver the cover and heater hoses.

SES light is now gone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts