The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Arctic Cat's and by no mean's am I impressed with them but Polaris isn't much better. My brother got a V-twin 800 4x4 for xmas and has 60 miles on it since.. ( I know thats it..LOL.. busy guy..) He has had 2 riduculous problems with it.. The first was the PLASTIC clip that goes from the shifter to tranny popped out. Freaking plastic part to hols a medal rod onto the shift.. Pulls right out.. Told him how I would fix it next time.. So we went to go riding 2 days ago and he hears a rattle and feels a vibration.. So he hands it off to me and I ride it for a minute and start looking around,. Well when I would rev the motor it would move, we start looking and the front m,otor mount is broke and the motor had been rubbing on the front driveline.. So we look at the mount back at his hous and thought maybe the bolt going through it snapped.. :damnit .. No the glue gave way.. Their motor mount is a rubber grommet with a thread and washer deal connected together and GLUED to the rubber. On both sides.. I dont care if the used Gorilla Glue thats BS.. On top of that it was only about 25% glued.. What a joke.. I told him how to fix it himself using one bolt.. LOL Better his than mine.. I have a Arctic Crap and he has a POOlaris I told him but mine is build better.. Anyways anyone having a quad like that should watch that part and maybe fix it before the done have that problem in a bad spot for it to..

·
571 Posts
Bummer! I've got a new solid axle Outlaw and love it. I've been beating the snot out of it at the sand dunes with no problems, but it does have a KTM motor instead of a polaris motor. Although my 500 Predator has been pretty bullet proof too.

182 Posts
artic choke over heating and tons more ill take a polaris anyday for the riding i do we ride about 6 ft of water and deep nasty mud all day no prob. with any of my polaris yett just picked up my 09 rzr back in december

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
boys when artic crap has something that even comes close to this they might be able to compete

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
boys when artic crap has something that even comes close to this they might be able to compete

Kip how do you like your Razr?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
its great there isn't a four wheeler or another SxS that can compete with it :happymugs

·
1,014 Posts
its great there isn't a four wheeler or another SxS that can compete with it :happymugs
:whs Polaris all the way:thumbsup

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
the rzrs are nice but there fourwheelers are crap all my buddies have them and my old trusty honda has pulled everysingle one of them back to camp at one point or another. Thowing belts,belts getting wet, not starting,just shut off, tranny is fried. im not a fan of polaris any more but used to be.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
:whs, last year i towed 5 Polaris back(4 wheelers), this year only 1.

i have 2 Yamaha grizz 700s but everyone has their likes and dislikes

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
:whs, last year i towed 5 Polaris back(4 wheelers), this year only 1.

i have 2 Yamaha grizz 700s but everyone has their likes and dislikes
:thumbsup Buddy,

Still I am very pleased with my Sportsman 500 H.O. He is a shot of an ATV got 3rd but was 100cc shy of the competition and also the only stock atv there.

·
928 Posts
the rzrs are nice but there fourwheelers are crap all my buddies have them and my old trusty honda has pulled everysingle one of them back to camp at one point or another. Thowing belts,belts getting wet, not starting,just shut off, tranny is fried. im not a fan of polaris any more but used to be.
I second the vote for Honda. I have an 05 Foreman that I have been taking to the Hatfield McCoy Trails for a few years with my friends who all have Ranchers and one Recon. We always come across broken down Arctic Cat and Polaris machines. The Honda's may not be as big or have as many options but they have never died on the trail. :thumbsup

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I second the vote for Honda. I have an 05 Foreman that I have been taking to the Hatfield McCoy Trails for a few years with my friends who all have Ranchers and one Recon. We always come across broken down Arctic Cat and Polaris machines. The Honda's may not be as big or have as many options but they have never died on the trail. :thumbsup
I am a die hard honda guy. I grew up on a xr200r and then a xr400r and I have a trx450r (for sale) but the big red is a terrible waste for a SxS if honda would have came out with something like the rzr I would have got one.

·
928 Posts
I am a die hard honda guy. I grew up on a xr200r and then a xr400r and I have a trx450r (for sale) but the big red is a terrible waste for a SxS if honda would have came out with something like the rzr I would have got one.
I saw one at the local Honda shop the other day, I didn't even know Honda made a SxS. It looked pretty generic. You know much about it?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I saw one at the local Honda shop the other day, I didn't even know Honda made a SxS. It looked pretty generic. You know much about it?
I looked into them when they first came out its pretty much hondas version of the ranger. If they would have came out with one like the rzr that can fit on trails and is just fun to drive I would buy one but right now polaris is the only one that has them. There are talks can am is gonna come out with them but hell they want 11000 grand for a quad :thumbdown

·
928 Posts
Yea, Can Ams are nice but for that money I can get a nice used truck! :haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts