Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you had to start from scratch and get a new truck what would it be

Dodge Cummins(any year)
Ford powerstroke(any year)
Chevy D max(any year)

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
kinda hard. but since you didnt say what make, i would get a cheap OBS or superduty ford with a high mileage motor and swap in a cummins.

so my choice is cummins. preferably 12v.

Garrett

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know...... I did..... I know te cummins too good to switch... ill switch years but I wont ever get out of this motor. I like em too much..! not a CR witha 6 spd, DD clutch... 5 in straight pipe :hump :hump

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I guess im the only one so far going for Powerstorkes. Ive been pleased with mine. and all the previous ones we have owned before.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Yeah...I can't honestly vote.....

My perfect vehicle...Ford body and frame, Cummins motor, Chevy comfortable ride quality.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Cummins

·
590 Posts
thats kinda a loaded question. so i will break it down as to how i look at it. turn back the clock to the mid late 90's, overall package i vote ford. go to the early 2000's, i vote ford . mid to late 2000's [current] i vote dodge. i grew up gm, and had/have several gm diesel trucks, they treated me very well. as much as i like the duramax, i just cant swallow those aluminum heads. between that and the fact gm says i can only have a auto and a 3.73 axle, pee on them! my overall favorite engine, 12v,common rail, 7.3 stroke. in that order..

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
I can't really say I would change. My first and only diesel is the 7.3L I have now and can't complain. I've been from Pittsfield, Maine to Spartansburg, NC with 203,000miles on her:D

·
stock is boring
214 Posts
I am Cummins all the way but I don't mind what the rest of ya like cause it's a free country and I'm glad of it. Besides it would be boring if everyone had the same motor in their trucks.:happymugs

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW you fords really take over.. dont you....... ytour like a virus...... you just spread and spread.......

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Garrett has your HPOP fitting ever been replaced? LOL thats fun when they blow out..!

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
WOW you fords really take over.. dont you....... ytour like a virus...... you just spread and spread.......
hey hey, another cummins vote in the house! on truck #2 (first one didnt belong to me and was sold out from under me). both have been good motors wrapped in crap truck.

current motor is throwing issues at me, though only cause its 300k+ mi old.

if i could do things again id find another 12v motor to replace it with less time/mi. on the clock.

:thumbsup

i wouldnt mind a dmax though, though it IS a distant second.

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
hey hey, another cummins vote in the house! on truck #2 (first one didnt belong to me and was sold out from under me). both have been good motors wrapped in crap truck.

current motor is throwing issues at me, though only cause its 300k+ mi old.

if i could do things again id find another 12v motor to replace it with less time/mi. on the clock.

:thumbsup

i wouldnt mind a dmax though, though it IS a distant second.
hey I nullified your vote. I can't change and probably never will. I got two IH, the old and the new tattoos. I am too dang loyal and I love my 7.3 and looking on getting a 6.0.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts