The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had this issue?
i have 2007 gmc 125000 mi. 4wd
make a popping sound from under seat when turning . anyone have a clue?
thanks
pk

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Can you be more specific? I've never heard any unusual noises from my seats :shrugs

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like coming from torsion bars. will make a audible pop when making say a left turn, then when you turn to right it will make a pop again. i think i can feel it in the floor board.
I have checked and cant find anything loose. and torsion adj seem to be in order. i have not moved them

do they get out of adjustment? i live in a area with real bad roads, the truck has 120000 mi.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Steering shaft clunk, check out your steering shaft, its a very common issue :bang

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is not in steering. i checked the knuckle. I cant duplicate on ground. a friend said it is a common issue with ford. I dont believe that. it is def, something in suspension and has to do when the truck lean/shift in turns
thanks
pk

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Have you checked the CV shafts. Does it pop at full lock or somewhere in between?

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
popping is somewhere in between. can also occurs when body on uneven ground and tries to flex chassis
pk

·
5 Posts
I had a something like that with my 07 and it turn out to be a welded support bracket for my nerf bars had broke. If you have a set of nerf bars you may check that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts