The Diesel Garage banner

Popping @WOT??

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mopar1973Man 
#1 ·
Any info?? If my Box is on 5 (Edge Comp) It almost sounds like a rev limiter or fuel cut??? Any Idea?

#2 ·
how much rpm u turning? mine old truck would do it with the a drag comp and smarty level 8 but i was sled pulling. 3600-3700 rpm is when it start doing it. best advice is get the valve spring upgrade it helps a bunch. comp is setup to start defueling at 2700rpm. drag comp isnt until u hit the redline.

#4 ·
I can run my Edge Comp all the way up to 3K RPM's without a issue.

Pulls strong and no unusual noises...:shrug:

#5 ·
not saying that u cant run a regular comp past 2700 rpm. it is design to start defueling at that. look at a dyno sheet the hp starts dropping faster where as a drag comp carries a more of a level peak

#6 ·
i had an edge juice/hotunlock and it would pop u might want to look into a fass or some other kind of larger fuel pump my new box dosent pop.:93C_peelo

#7 ·
smokeyourdiesel said:
not saying that u cant run a regular comp past 2700 rpm. it is design to start defueling at that. look at a dyno sheet the hp starts dropping faster where as a drag comp carries a more of a level peak
Ah... I see... I when back asee what you talking about now... Even looking at my own Dyno sheet...:damnit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.