The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to have head studs installed here in about a month, since ill already have the studs out and the head real easy to come out i was wondering what good port and polishing the head do to a diesel? wondering if it was worth the $$ or if i should just save up and spend it on something else.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have heard that 24v common rails benifit 100hp... not sure about ours though.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I believe the common rail head flows better stock than a vp powered 24 valve head, so I'd assue you could see a larger gain out of it but thats just a guess.

I know with 12 valve heads you can see EGT drops of 200* with a P&P. Is it worth it? That depends on the bank account that pays for it and just how much power your putting down

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i really haven't looked into it to hard, what does it usually cost to do it? 500 or so?? depending on how far you go with it to i know.

·
3,514 Posts
There is a guy out here that is putting down some really nice numbers with his VP44 truck, and he runs a ported Common Rail Head on it. I have no clue how much that would set you back, but it would be pretty trick.
Sean

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
well, the price is the question, if it's within what you're willing do it. other than power it seems like it just breathes better, if you're comfortable with it do it

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I figure that it would improve it...

#1 and #6 on the head seem to have rough edge and curves...:popcorn:

·
99 cummins
160 Posts
go for it, get a price estimate first though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts