The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this stinks, but I was stupid and bought an edge evolution when I knew nothing about diesel tuning. I sold the edge, and it left some of the files on my truck when i tried to remove it, so when we took it into the shop to see if the computer was running right, the fuel was still turned up and making my egts high. What a piece of junk. Now I have to pay to get the computer set back to stock because my dad is freakin out sayin my truck is gonna "burn up". Not likely at only 1100 degrees tops, but anyway, just wanted to share a story with anyone thinking of buying an edge evo and how they can mess up. Looks like i'm out of modding thanks to this stupid programmer. My pops says either I leave it stock, or he who giveth will taketh away. I am only allowed exhaust and intake which I already have. Edge sucks...

·
Bonehead Mechanic
65 Posts
Wow dude that truly sucks, Sad to say but I at one time was actually thinking about buying an edge evo for my Obs powerstroke. But now that ive heard stories like these I will save the funds and go with a chip.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
00turboPSD said:
Well this stinks, but I was stupid and bought an edge evolution when I knew nothing about diesel tuning. I sold the edge, and it left some of the files on my truck when i tried to remove it, so when we took it into the shop to see if the computer was running right, the fuel was still turned up and making my egts high. What a piece of junk. Now I have to pay to get the computer set back to stock because my dad is freakin out sayin my truck is gonna "burn up". Not likely at only 1100 degrees tops, but anyway, just wanted to share a story with anyone thinking of buying an edge evo and how they can mess up. Looks like i'm out of modding thanks to this stupid programmer. My pops says either I leave it stock, or he who giveth will taketh away. I am only allowed exhaust and intake which I already have. Edge sucks...
I don't see how the edge product could make you to FORGET to take files off the PCM prior to selling the said product.The edge evo is a fine piece of work for what it does.Yes of course there is better thing out there but for the entry level power and the price and not knowing any better the EVO is a great product.I myself owned one for my wifes 99 dually CC long bed.She actually beat me and 4 other trucks at the pulls with the tow program.Stock truck just a EVO.

So don't beat up on a product when you knowingly forgot to deprogram your truck.

Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ummm, I didn't forget to take of the files. I put the stock program back on, and it left some of the adjustments on there that weren't supposed to be, so when we took it to the diagnostics they said my fuel and boost were turned up to where it was raising my egts. But i'm happy it works for you, sure did me wrong.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
There is way bigger and better chips and programmers out there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just warning people of what the evo does, maybe not in all cases, but in my case it jacked up my computer. . Because as far as i'm concerned its not a good product. Am I not entittled to my opinion?

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
when i was shown the truth here about Diesel tuning, i soon turned agianst edge bullydog and banks. they were first three to get blown up and are accually over inflated.

Them guys from Oregon dont worry bout them, half em cant read thats probly why he was confused.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I was probly out of line, but I just don't like when people mouth off like that. My first truck was an f150 that I paid off myself working 6.50 an hour had labor job. My dad took that back from me after I begged him to let me keep his old truck. The 350 now has 165,000 miles on it, so its far from a brand new truck that he just gave to me. But sorry for any riff raff I started. Didn't mean to, just voicing my opinion about edge products.

·
6,337 Posts
Driximus said:
when i was shown the truth here about Diesel tuning, i soon turned agianst edge bullydog and banks. they were first three to get blown up and are accually over inflated.

Them guys from Oregon dont worry bout them, half em cant read thats probly why he was confused.

Watch the Oregon comments.....:nunu: :poke:

:sofa LOL

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
Oregon! Dont worry to much about it hopefully i returning home soon! lol

·
powerstroke expert
60 Posts
i've never heard of this scenerio before, a programmer saves the stock file in upper memory and simply programs the pcm back to the original settings when you push the button (return to stock). did you check with the new owner of the EVO? if some of the tuning was still in your pcm it would NOT let the programmer tune another truck. don't get me wrong i'm not saying that the EVO is the best on the market. what kind of shop did you take it to? sounds like they are shooting some BS your way! did they even check the intercooler for restrictions that would cause higher egts. 1100 under a very heavy load isn't really that high! it is common for trucks that get off road to have a air blockage between the radiator and intercooler. and if nothing else send me your pcm and i'll do a read from it and compare it to a stock file! that would settle the EVO issue. just trying to help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts