The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so last night I'm turning into my driveway applying the brakes when I hear a weird rubbing/grinding sound. It doesn't make the sound when I'm going straight, just when turning and applying the brakes. As I straighten out and come to a stop holding down the brake pedal I hear like a groaning sound...?? Any ideas as to what could be the problem? Brake pads were just changed about a month ago so it cant be that.

About a week or so ago I noticed that I'm leaking power steering fluid, have not pinpointed where it's coming from yet. Not a major leak but I noticed some fluid on my coil springs and the 4-link bars and found the fluid level very low. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Ikaika

·
461 Posts
did you check your fluid after it made that noise?

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Could that have something to do with u-joints going bad?

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paulkeith said:

Yeah I checked it this morning and it was a little low. I'll see if it makes the sound again and go from there. I guess I need to take the battery and battery holder off tomorrow so I can try to find where the leak is. I hope its just a hose!

Ikaika

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tm0231009 said:
Could that have something to do with u-joints going bad?

Not sure, I hope not because all I got is 19k on the odo.

Ikaika

·
2,106 Posts
I had a power steering leak that was hard to trace, turned out to be my hydroboost... Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya just in case it might prove useful info. In mine the fluid leaked down off of it, got on my tire, and got all over the side of the truck.

·
461 Posts
paulkeith said:

????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts