The Diesel Garage banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Member in Learning!
105 Posts
Well as a complete newbie, could you give some directions on where it is located. The picture is great, and I will start looking, but want to make sure I have the right part before I start pulling anything.

thanks

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
as your looking at the turbo from leaning over the passenger side fender, reach under it and there is a plug with a metal clip that holds the plug in. its the only plug on the top of the motor that has a spring clip holding it in place. just reach your hand in, flip the clip up, and pull the plug out. :smoke:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well im not sure if this worked or not. i unplugged it and didnt notice that much of a difference although today when i went ot back out of my parking spot(kind of up hill) it seemed liek it took a lot to get it going?

·
303 Posts
does anyone know where it is located on the e-series???

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was always under the impression the cps either worked or it made your truck quit! but i had mine changed for the recall,,and wow its like someone leaned out my psd it made a definite improvment,,,is this possible or is it my imagination?..

·
2,509 Posts
how much money are you willing to spend?
your best bet will be a good chip from some one like tony wildman or dp tuner. pluse open up your exaust 4 in. exhaust is nice but straight pipeing your current exhaust will help. also a better air filter will also help there is a DIY intake thread down in the ford modification and product installs you shoud check out. you can do that for 50 or 60 bucks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like my problem!!! My engine does not want to heat up!!! Can the ebpv be loosened up or must it be replaced??? Also what degree thermostat is recommended for summer and then for winter also??? I am new to these things!!! Truck is 97 powerstroke, auto 250F!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can unplug it but if its like my 97 it takes alot to warm up and then if you stop and idle(in our climate) it goes way cold again..but as long as your getting good heat? i tried aftermarket thermostats and no luck so i finally paid 26 bucks and went to the ford garage and got one

21 - 33 of 33 Posts