The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading up on all the threads, I think I'm going to buy a dp tuner. I'm just curious as to what suggestions you would have for me. I have a 4" MBRP exhaust no muffler, boost, pyro and trans temp gauges on my truck.

Currently I'm running a superchips 1705 tuner but I'm not impressed by it. So I think I'm going to get a 60 tow, 80 econo and 100hp perf. setting along with stock. I pull some bigger loads on a flatbed from time to time, but mostly I run empty. Any suggestions, any problem with surge? Thanks.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
love my DP Chip. havent had any issues with it performance has been great. :Thumbup:

·
16 Posts
i just received a chip from dp tuner with the f5 switch got a 80 tow 100 performance and 140 aggressive for a 2000 6-speed and it didnt surge any but the truck has a wicked wheel

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
plainredtruck said:
So . . . quit thinkin' and start doin'

prt
Amen!
You can't get any better quality/service than DP. Happy with mine

·
what does not kill you ..
229 Posts
Definately get the 80 econo decaffinated for daily driving. I love it

·
393 Posts
Has anyone went from a superchips programmer to any one of the multi position switches that can give some comparision. I am curious about this too. I have a friend that has a superchips and loves it on his 01 6spd.

·
1,581 Posts
97crewcab said:
Has anyone went from a superchips programmer to any one of the multi position switches that can give some comparision. I am curious about this too. I have a friend that has a superchips and loves it on his 01 6spd.
I went from a SCMT to a DP Tuner 6-way (stock-40-80-120-140-high idle) in my '01.

There is no comparison, the SCMT was an absolute waste of money, PERIOD.

The DP 40hp program was close (more power) to my 80hp SCMT program, but with better shifting.
The DP 80hp program completely blew away the SCMT for power, driveability and shifting.
The DP 120hp program was INSANE.
the DP 140hp program needed more HPO (which I didn't have) but ran as good as the 120 with HUGE volumes of black smoke until I swapped turbos.

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
how are EGTs with the DP tuner?? which i really dont like takin my truck over 2500 for a long period of time just to be on the safe side

·
1,581 Posts
dotson90 said:
how are EGTs with the DP tuner?? which i really dont like takin my truck over 2500 for a long period of time just to be on the safe side
I hope you're talking 2500 rpms.

As long as you keep below the 80hp program you shouldn't have a problem unless you're towing heavy. He can build you a towing program or whatever you want based on your mods.

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
yea im talkin about rpms LOL this is mainly my daily driver and i might pull our boat on the weekends, i was lookin at getting like 40 tow 80 econo 100 per. 140 ??? but i didnt know what you guys egts were lookin like? anyone have this setup or similar??

·
459 Posts
I used to have the Superchips 1705 for my 99. I liked it, until i bought Jodys chip, and my 80hp mode on the DP-Tuner was stronger than my 110 on the Superchips. Definitely more BANG for the buck. go with it, you wont be disappointed. Jody has also made some upgrades to his chips, they might be better than when i bought mine a little over a year ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 97 F350 4x4 with autometer gauges and home maid intake and straight pipe and use to have superchip microtuner 1705. I ran it for about 5 months and then i got DP f5 switch with 6 positions. I run on 120 race most of the time because i love the smoke. And 80 econo some. 140 agressive is to much for my hpop and it cant deliver the fuel but other than that it is way beter than superchip!!!!!!

·
6,337 Posts
circle5 said:
I Installed my DP F5 last night and i have been having fun all day LOL :Thumbup: :evil:

Get them gauges installed... Dont make me post a picture of a melted piston...:sofa

1 - 20 of 25 Posts