The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone here use one of their chips or tunes have some input. looking to get new tunes and get this XLE4 out of here thanks

·
8,265 Posts
I've not heard anything bad about Bill's programming. The guys that have it really seem to like it.

The best thing you could do would be to find a PMTx box instead. I got rid of my XLE4 pcm and replaced it with a PMT1 box that I got from DP-Tuner...then had Jody write me some tunes for it. Been incredibly happy ever since.

Thinking about it...I think Jody may now be able to write very similar tunes for the XLE4 pcm.

Reactions: SmknDzl

·
79 Posts
I've ran bills tunes on my old automatic truck and this manual truck I have now and i love em on both trucks.

Reactions: SmknDzl

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info fellas. Ill have to get ahold of the people at DP-Tuner to get a PMT box for sure.

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KT Performance can you reburn my TS or should i get an FU chip from PHP?

·
244 Posts
What's a pmt box? Sorry if its a dumb question but I've never heard of that. Or an xle? Been thinking about getting php tunes for my ts chip, sounds like you guys are happy with them. I'm getting single shots also, do they do conversion tunes?

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
PMT & XLE are PCM tuning strategies as designated by Ford.

Jody can put any tuning strategy you want on his chips.

I would imagine most of the tuners should be able to by now, but I really don't know.

I feel certain all of the tuners can do single shot tunes.

prt

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks kenny. Work has been keeping me swamped with no free time but when i get a chance i will give you guys a call. Could you email or pm me a price for the reburn.

·
6 Posts
I have the PHP Fu chip on my e99 with the XLE4 pcm. I ahve been very happy with it. They I asked them about using a PMT instead, there are only a couple of small things related to TC lockup that give the PMT any advantage once you are using a chip.Everything else they can overcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts