The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power mirrors and reading lights will not work. i have checked fuses, bulbs, and replaced the mirrors. it has done nothing. Is there a hidden harness i should check? anything will help. thanks.

Also, i'm getting a boost gauge, can i put a "T" in the wastegate acuator line for this, or better ideas?

·
282 Posts
AllOut0606 said:
The power mirrors and reading lights will not work. i have checked fuses, bulbs, and replaced the mirrors. it has done nothing. Is there a hidden harness i should check? anything will help. thanks.

Also, i'm getting a boost gauge, can i put a "T" in the wastegate acuator line for this, or better ideas?
Have you checked the switch out... or checked to see if you were getting any power to the lights/mirrors.... kind of sounds like a switch to me for the mirrors.

Here is alink on how to take apart your mirrors... just for your info...

http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21000220.pdf

As far as the boost gauge... just buy like 3" of extra hose...hook that on to your Y pipe connection for the Map sensor and then install your T fitting then the Map sensor...that way if you ever sell your truck you can take it out....

good luck,
Steven

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i bought a new switch and it did nothing. but i suspect the previous owner did something to disable them and the reading lights inside the cab. the ones you can turn on right above you. i checked the bulbs and they are good.

·
282 Posts
I have to ask this... do you have any fuses under the hood. I know on mine there is a fuse panel under the steering wheel and one under the hood. Maybe something is toast in there? Otherwise I would pull the door panel off and check the power to the mirrors on the connection to the switch. Then pull the speaker out and check the connection to the mirror itself. I would try the drivers side first. If you don't have any power there...not sure what to do?

good luck,
Steven

·
282 Posts
One more question..... are they lighted mirrors? Did someone upgrade them from the older style?
thanks,
Steven

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's my deal. when i got the truck, the passenger mirrors were broken and the drivers was cracked, so i bought new ones. i got them brand new. but the old ones had a piece of paper jammed in it so it would not move. i think he disabled the circuit so he would not accidentally move the mirrors. i do have fuses under the hood and i have checked those and the ones under the steering wheel. its mind boggling.

non lighted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts