The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the deal a co worker has a bully dog power pup he bought from some drunk kid one night for 60 bucks. It says itll work on 08 ford motors. So here is my question we wanted to throw this on our work truck and I was wondering since this truck will never be on a dyno what does an 08 ford 350 make stock and what would be the hp numbers or torque ater the tuner is installed. also ive heard the dealership cant tell its been installed once it is removed is this true. In all honesty this truck will prob never see a deler as it is all ready detroyed and only has 7000km on it .

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i estimate zero hp once the tranny explodes
I know im new here but i need zero useless tips from anyone.

So please post an answer to my question or dont respond. Thanks

Im on dial up here as it is and dont want to waste my time reading useless responses. thank you

·
324 Posts
you might consider my sarcastic response useless but i was trying to add humor to this thread instead of being an *** and saying i wouldnt put that thing on my truck if you gave it to me. or you might get it for free but replacing the dpf will cost you about 1500 bones. or a new tranny once the power flop destoys your tranny is about 6000. with that being said i'll take my useless posts elsewhere

·
Registered
270 Posts
Obviously my opinion is biased, but I'll make it as unbiased as I can.

The Bullydog product is absolutely hands-down one of the worst products on the market for the 6.4. They are praised for some of their other products; however the 6.4L isn't one of them.

The shifting is atrocious, and the DPF-on tuning they offer is absolutely and completely overfueled. The DPF will suffer within short order and regen frequency will be MUCH higher than stock.

Dig up an SCT, Spartan, or even a Superchips or Diablo tuner long before you even let that thing near the OBDII port. That will be an expensive 60 dollars for whoever owns the truck othewise.

Likewise they make changes to the operating system of the engine module that are not fully removed when returned to stock- making evidence of the tune permanent, and sometimes difficult to reflash at the dealer or with another device later. Seems like the ones that start with a "B" are the ones to stay away from:wedgie

·
2,183 Posts
the bully dogs are known to be the kryptonite to our transmissions. In other words, sell the tuner and buy a grenade, then stick it in your transmission and you will get the same result. If you liek your truck at all don't put it on there. If you want tuning go with either spartan or SCT

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
You can try to dyno it. But you migh see a little bit of hp increase. But that will be short lived due to excessive tranny slip.

Reactions: BIG BLACK DUALLY

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a beater work trruck my company buys new trucks every 6 months this is the longest we have had one. i believe its been over a year. I dont think itll blow the tranny it an auto that never leaves second gear. the max speed in the patch is about 50kph. We were just going to try it on the work truck for fun and sometimes we use it to aid tractor trailors going up the steep grades after the rain. the question about HP was in interest only. Itll never see a track or a dyno. this question was to have some info while telling stories at the dinner table with the fellas. Thats why i asked. One guy here claims to have one on his 08 f250 and says its been 80km with zero problems and better mpg.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
There are very few if any that have used or tried the Bully Dog. If its not your truck and the only purpose is to load and have some fun until it blows up. Then I would do it. The best judge og hp is the seat of your pant. :thumbsup:

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I know im new here but i need zero useless tips from anyone.

So please post an answer to my question or dont respond. Thanks

Im on dial up here as it is and dont want to waste my time reading useless responses. thank you
He made a good post. The bullydog tuners are bad for your transmission. It will give you some power for sure, but if you always pound on it the tranny will most likely break. If your going to tune anything then be smart and buy a tuner, not a chip. And a tuner that can tune the tranny as well as the motor. You can make all the power you want, but if you dont tune the transmission you wont be goin anywhere. Your best bet is to get a Spartan tuner. :thumbsup

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Hahahahahahaha

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i just did a search on this board of spartan and one guy says he made over 500 rwhp and 1100 torque with a stock 2008 motor is he full of **** or did he just make my mind up for me. dont get me wrong im not a drag racer or anything but thats alot of power over stock with just a tuner and exhaust. Would this be safe and are there other benifits or is it just more power thanks

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
there are quite a few members that have dynoed and have the documentation to back it up. 500whp is a good starting point.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no 500 is obtainable with a tune exhaust and an intake. oh and a heavy right foot.
So is that a complete kit. Also will it improve mpg because I want to take my son to disney this year and its over 4000kms We plan on taking our time of course and spending 3 weeks on the road stopping along the way at points of interest. .

·
324 Posts
So is that a complete kit. Also will it improve mpg because I want to take my son to disney this year and its over 4000kms We plan on taking our time of course and spending 3 weeks on the road stopping along the way at points of interest. .
i can averago 20mpg with summer fuel and around 16 on winter. ya matt at spartan or john at cobbs or aaron at rudys can get you a killer price on a kit. there's also a canadian dearl but his name slips my mind

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there are quite a few members that have dynoed and have the documentation to back it up. 500whp is a good starting point.
a good starting point omg are you serious thats double the horsepower and fun factor. Wow not much of a dilema for me now lol

choice A buy a 5000 truck and get it safetied and e tested

choice B buy a brand new truck and spend XX$$$XX on mods. wtf this is the best news ive had in along time.

I want the new truck real bad but with the economy and being a single dad Ive been watching my spending real close. However i get 350 per month for travel and free fuel one way. ie i fill up the company truck on the way off the site.

·
324 Posts
the 6.4 has been proving itself over and over again. theres also a lot of really cool things about to be released for the 6.4 to start making the big numbers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts