The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure how involved it is to add...would it be just a motor or does the track get too involved? Anyone with one have any input? I remember a previous thread where they were discussing this issue but never came to a conclusion, plus I can no longer find it...

·
RC51
37 Posts
I have the FX4 and I put a system in my truck. The first thing you do when installing a top notch system is pull the entire interior out and put down sound proofing material. The first thing I noticed is that the wiring harness and plug for the rear power slider is in place even though the FX4 can't be ordered with the rear slider (gayest thing in the world & makes no sense)

My 05' Harley F250 was stolen and I had to buy a new truck. It was my second Harley and would have bought a third except it was only availible in Black. I have a Black X5 and will never own another black vehicle. Looks great for the first 45 seconds after cleaning it. But, after that it looks like crap. I had to have the black interior so I had to go with the FX4. Really makes no sense you can't get the Auto Climate and rear power slider in the FX4 trim package.

Ever since I picked this truck up I feel like I have down graded. Doesn't even have a temp gauge and for 50K. What's up with that?

Anyway, I checked into it and you can get the power rear slider to work. The right way to do it is to buy the bezel that goes around the dash with the slot for the factory rear window switch. I'm assuming you hae the FX4 as well. You'll have to buy a can of interior paint to match the black FX4 color which will be know problem. You won't even be able to tell. The plug is there and you'll just need to pop a fuse in and you'll be set. Oh, in case you're wondering, the mount for the motor is there as well. You'll just need to buy the hardware.

I took some pictures and I'll post them for you. I just need to find the folder I put them in. But, the entire projuct will be a piece of cake.

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definately interested! Oh and yea I have the FX4 also, black leather with two tone medium stone.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Someone But I can't remember who makes a aftermarket window where it slides up and down. There was some post about it some time back. Not sure if a search will bring it up or not. If I get time later I will try and find it.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
I too went from a 05 Lariat to an 08 FX4 and felt like I down graded, but yet this one cost me more. I looked into it and you have to buy the whole window, and its about 600 bucks, so after you get the bezel and switch its going to be about 800 bucks, i can reach back a whole lot of times for 800 bucks.

·
RC51
37 Posts
Here's one of the plug for the power window motor.

·
RC51
37 Posts
Here's the finished product before putting the interior back and installing the stereo.

·
12 Posts
RC51, Tell me more about the sound proofing material. What is it? Where did you buy it? Did it work? How much? After installing did the interior fit back together ok? ie carpet and such. Did you use a Ford factory window? Thanks

·
RC51
37 Posts
Tangel,

If you do a search on Dynamat you'll be able to read all about the sound proofing. All the interior fit back in no problem and I did several layers of the matting. I did this on my last vehicle and in my opinion it's the best mod you could do weather you want a nice stereo system or not. It's like an entirely different truck when driving down the road, hitting bumps, pot holes, the road noise is down 75%. When closing the doors is sounds like it does when closing the door on a BMW or Mercedes. Just feels like the vehicle quality stepped it up four or five notches. If you were to hit the outside of my doors and then the outside of my bed or front fender you would trip out. It's like going from hitting a six inch brick wall to hitting the lid of an aluminum trash can. You really would be amazed. I did the inside and outside shell of all four doors. Makes a big difference. It's a lot of work. But, well worth it. I spent a full day doing the four doors first. Then I waited for another weekend and did the truck. Howerver, it took me three full days to pull the interior out, wrap it with the matting and then reinstall the entire interior. I went a little crazy and did more than one would probably have to. But, since I was 90% there I figured why not. I'll post some pix of the finished product.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
mbixler said:
Is there anyway to add the power sliding window and hook it up to an upfitter switch?
Call Mike Nobles 877-839-5902 Riverside Parts Distribution Center
[email protected] Tell him Randy from the Harley Club sent you.

For pricing on the Pwr rear window unit.

As far as the upfitter switch question..............You need a Rocker type switch for proper operation. Not an on/off switch.

randy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts