The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took hoses off before holiday to have new ones made. Took notes too. Can't find notes so I am going off memory which is kinda scary when I can't remember what I did with notes.

Sheppard M100 steering gear and I think Vickers or TRW pump on c model cat opposite compressor on accessory drive. Has frame mounted filter reservoir. Reservoir has 3 fittings in the bottom of it
1. 1"jic to pump (can't screw that one up)
2. 1/2" jic directly in middle of bottom
3. 1/2" jic off center on bottom of reservoir. I will refer to it as "outside"

1. Top fitting on pump- marked pr-hose going to bottom fitting on M100 directly below input shaft.

2. Bottom hose on pump to reservoir on frame . "Outside" small fitting

3. Top fitting (directly above input shaft) hose to reservoir "middle"

Think inking this pretty well right except not sure about connections at reservoir "outside" and "middle" may have the reversed. I feel like a complete moron here. I marked fittings with white out pen as well but I am not sure if I marked them right? Had notes on back of filter box but I guess it got tossed. Got a new phone that day and was having trouble learning the camera.Take pics is my normal routine.

·
323 Posts
From the description it sounds logical.
Do both the middle and outside fittings just go into the reservoir or does one have an internal tube?

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one on center has a sort of standpipe that goes up into filter center. i got the schematic from KW when I picked up filter. Don't have it with me at the moment but I will post back afte rwhile with info. I felt really dumb for losing my scribbles. But i was thoroughly shocked by how little info I found on the web about the subject. So in case someone else makes this error maybe the info will help them. Thanks for the reply Jasong! Was just hearing crickets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts