The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay tomorrow I was going to pull the head off and send it to power by poole, and I had the great idea to tell my dad how excited I was about doing it and finally have close to 600 horsepower. But he threw a fit about the reliability issues that would come with that kind of power. I know that this will put more stress on the engine with a custom set of twins by pooles diesel, mach 5's, edge drag box, a port and polished head, o-ringed with head studs. I'm planning on doing it right and not cutting any corners. My question is if I do end up doing this is it going to fry my engine in like 10000 miles. I have heard of people having this kind of power in a daily driver and i have not heard any horror stories about it but if anybody has one i would like to know about the potential hazards before I drop another 10 grand in the motor and driveline. Keep in mind that this truck will be a daily driver and it will tow and be worked hard. ANY help will be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.:Thumbup:

·
3,514 Posts
I haven't really heard anything of the sort. I've actually talked to a couple of people that ran well over 600hp for many thousands of miles, almost 60k and hadn't had any problems. I could imagine that it would have long term determental effects and maybe take your truck from having a 400,000 mile motor to a 300,000 mile motor, if you know what I'm getting at here. I wouldn't worry too much personally. But it is something to consider.
Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts