The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
568 Posts
How come you don't have them for a '96 :)

Sam

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just throwing this out there...but how does turning your A/C compressor slower cool better? It is just like putting a smaller pulley on your alternator, puts out less power.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is not turning the A/C slower, its turning it faster with the smaller pulley. I have seen as low as 38 degrees out of my vent with this pulley.

·
758 Posts
Bill i just received the kit. I will have it on my truck next week and let everyone know how it works. Thanks again and it is a very nice product.

Dan

·
Registered
274 Posts
dfuser said:
This is not turning the A/C slower, its turning it faster with the smaller pulley. I have seen as low as 38 degrees out of my vent with this pulley.
What was the temp before the pulley swap? Kind of hard to compare unless the testing was done and then the switch and more testing. Absolutely not knocking your product, just curious how much the drop in temp was.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at 50-55 before the change over. I keep a thermostat in the vent during our hot texas Summers.

·
267 Posts
very interesting cant wait to see what everyone says about it or you could send me one and ill test the product and let everyone know about how it works. hint hint

·
Registered
230 Posts
dfuser said:
What temp does your normally run? Here lately with the cool weather (93 deg), mine stays around 40-43 and that is without the heater core shut off mod. I keep a thermostat in my vents as well but it's a basic food temp unit, who knows how accurate it is.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QtrHorse said:
What temp does your normally run? Here lately with the cool weather (93 deg), mine stays around 40-43 and that is without the heater core shut off mod. I keep a thermostat in my vents as well but it's a basic food temp unit, who knows how accurate it is.

I never saw below 50 on mine before. I do have the kit for the heater core but have not installed yet. Going to do that next and then add the baffles around the A/C condensor to force air into late laike the later models.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What is the baffle mod?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In later model FOrds there is a rubber type baffles on either side of the condensor on the front that forces the air on the main part of the grille to only go though the condensor. Its on each side from top to bottom.

If you have done the zoodad mod, you are routing some of the air meant for the radiator/condesor/intercooler to slip through the side. This is critical more in stop and go traffic.

I found the pieces needed to cover the sides, and I have drilled whole for my intake on the drives side grille openning for more air.

I should have some pictures this weekend to elaborate more.

Also, there is another heatshield that goes over the accumulator assembly to help keep heat off. I am working on that one aswell.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks difuser, I am interested in seeing those pic's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank you for the pic's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts