The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are powerstroke and international the same engine?

All parts interchange?

Is one brand cheaper than the other?

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
virtually everytime I have needed parts for my 95, I have went to the International dealer. Always have them in stock, and usually wayyyyyy cheaper. Example........o-ring kit for my ipr......International dealer was $35 cheaper for the whole kit. hen I did get some parts ordered from Ford, they came sealed in an International bag!!!!!!

kevin

ALWAYS go International if you can

·
72 Posts
n2diesel Welcome to the site, I like your avitar.
IH makes the PSD for Ford. The IH version is known as the T444e (7.3L), or the VT365 (6.0L). The long blocks are the same. There are some slight differences that Ford does such as the CPU, Turbo, Injectors, Fuel filter/water separator, A/C compressor, etc.
As far as who is cheaper, that depends on exactly what you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Friend works for the railroad and his service truck 99 444 and the turbo in it is a garret.

Only problem is the IH shop needs part #s or the part in question.They will work with you to a point but start getting frustrated when trying to compare #'s.I tell them I will just find some else to spend my money with and they pipe down.

I bought a oil filler cap for 6 bucks when you ford dealer wanted more and it looked the same smelled the same even had the same markings.Same thing with the CPS.These are the only 2 parts I have bought from IH.I tried to get them to look up INJ stuff and that is when it got interesting.350 bucks a piece.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts