The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried pulling off the turbo of a powerstroke and seeing what it would sound like? I bet it would sound good! Someone should try it, although it is an electronic motor it might throw codes but it otta be good for like a short period of time i suppose. What do you think?

·
The one and only
410 Posts
has anyone tried pulling off the turbo of a powerstroke and seeing what it would sound like? I bet it would sound good! Someone should try it, although it is an electronic motor it might throw codes but it otta be good for like a short period of time i suppose. What do you think?
What the crap is wrong with you?

You pull the turbo off a powerstroke you will over heat and not have any power and all kinds of stuff.

The electronics is not an issue. Its the fact that the motor wouldnt get much air. If you want go get a 7.3 IDI motor most of them are non turboed.

·
626 Posts
has anyone tried pulling off the turbo of a powerstroke and seeing what it would sound like?...What do you think?
I think that's one of the most retarded f'ing ideas I've ever heard...

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that's one of the most retarded f'ing ideas I've ever heard...
Why's that? I didn't say go drive it on the freeway and tell me how it does to 0-60, i just wanted to hear what it sounds like just revving, having "dual manifolds" I just thought it would sound cool.

·
The one and only
410 Posts
Why's that? I didn't say go drive it on the freeway and tell me how it does to 0-60, i just wanted to hear what it sounds like just revving, having "dual manifolds" I just thought it would sound cool.
:haha:haha:haha

Well why don't ya go do that then.

·
928 Posts
:weird

·
beware the dark side
125 Posts
come on guys no reason to make fun of the guy for asking a question. even though you cant figure out why he would be interested in finding out. We are all friends on here.

·
626 Posts
come on guys no reason to make fun of the guy for asking a question. even though you cant figure out why he would be interested in finding out. We are all friends on here.
He asked what we thought and I answered honestly--if he wasn't ready for all the possible answers, especially for a question as goofy as that one was, he shouldn't have asked it in the first place.

Reactions: big_stroker

·
The one and only
410 Posts
He asked what we thought and I answered honestly--if he wasn't ready for all the possible answers, especially for a question as goofy as that one was, he shouldn't have asked it in the first place.
:whs They call its a TURBO diesel for a reason.... Because it has a TURBO on it.

·
121 Posts
Just pull the boost tunes and exhaust manifolds....

·
6,337 Posts
Here is one with no valve covers, no radiator, no intercooler tubing, turbos not hooked up... and a bunch of other crap...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts