The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a spool or detroit guy in my mud toys but the wife wants lockers in her 79 bronco, She's not ready for the spools and the cost of 2 detroits I just can't justify for HER truck, Will they hold up to a mild 460 and 35" swampers?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
oh yeah they will i put alot of detroit lockers in mud trucks and theve held up with 44" swamper or bogers , i build this chevy dually with dual 42" swampers on the rear with 500hp 454 . allison trans out of a medium duty truck with a 2 1/2 ton mil. t-case and it held up great it was mainly built for sled pulling

·
571 Posts
The lockrights will probably hold up as long as she's not hammering it. But i've seen a few of them break in 4cyl toyota's rock crawling.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I ordered the lockrites from Rocky road outfitters, $212 for the 9" and $244 for the dana 44. cheapest prices I found in my 2 days of internet shopping:damnit . Now as long as she don't let me drive it they should stay together.

·
571 Posts
To: Mrs. IDIeselman, Before letting Mr. IDIeselman drive your beloved bronco, carefully remove half the sparkplug wires from the motor and keep in your purse until said bronco is returned un-molested.
Sincerely,
FIREBALL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts