The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bonpas 01
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father just purchased a PPE for his 07, and was wondering if the stock tranny would hold up to the 225 setting for a couple local pulls???

·
239 Posts
Bonpas said:
My father just purchased a PPE for his 07, and was wondering if the stock tranny would hold up to the 225 setting for a couple local pulls???
:umno: Don't think so. I had dan's Economy tune in mine and it hated it. Ran real good on the lower setting's. Gary

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Add a transgo jr and 1057 converter

·
Registered
310 Posts
my 05 lly held 300 hp tune in the first 3 gears when i pulled it and i knew a guy smoke his trans doing a burn out with the 300 hp tune

·
Registered
390 Posts
the first 3 gears will handle 380 to 400rwhp..

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would think it would hold for a pull, since you will most likely run it 4lo in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i've been runnin a 160hp tune on my LBZ for the last 30k miles and never put the tranny into limp mode but i'm not a big fan of WOT shifts in the higher gears..

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
I had the transgo jr and 1057 converter, running level 6 and lots of abuse, If I never played with the bottle the trans would of never limped atleast for awhile.Even after it limped when rebuilt the c3's and c4's were burn but not that bad and was still holding under just the stock turbo and no bottle,once new turbo went on you could tell she was being lazy on the shifts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.