The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone was running a PPE on the 6.0 and how does it compete with a custom tuned sct from innovative in speed???

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
I have not talked to anyone running one.

·
1,661 Posts
I was wondering if anyone was running a PPE on the 6.0 and how does it compete with a custom tuned sct from innovative in speed???
First off, WELCOME TO THE DIESEL GARAGE!!!
if it competed in any way then why are most 6.0 owners running the sct!!:bang For about $250 less you can buy an SCT, also I don't believe the ppe controls the trans as good as the SCT. If your comparing HP#'s I believe ppe advertises flywheel #'s. do yourself a favor and read thru some of the past threads on hear before you make a decision that you might regret.
Also please don't be afraid to ask alot of questions before you start modding your truck, thier are alot of members on here will to give you help and steer you in the right direction.:wiggle

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
didnt you know, this is a SCT or GTFO site...:bdh

·
1,661 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks guys ive just been curious cause ppe advertises such high hp ratings im extremly happy with my sct tuned from innovative and elite diesel !!!!

·
171 Posts
I personally would stay with the SCT. I have never tried any other programmer beside SCT but the x street from innovative is fast and also i got the new looney tune from vivian yesterday morning and it is a awsome tune. She said it gives you between 140hp-160hp. plenty for me

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
ok thanks guys ive just been curious cause ppe advertises such high hp ratings im extremly happy with my sct tuned from innovative and elite diesel !!!!
yeah if you already have sct from innovative thats the best you are going to get. PPE is pointed more towards the Dmax crowd anyways.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I had the PPE for my 04. Tranny was not happy with it. And I was gentle with it as well.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
I believe there is a youtube video of a ppe 6.0 getting spanked by a ipd tuned sct 6.0 truck.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
those are also crank hp numbers.

my friend ran one after his GF got him one because a guy she knew told her it would smoke and run good. well, lets just say that he ran it and is now back to the SCT.

Garrett

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a PPE and i have also had an sct and a granetelli. The PPE does not have very many options you only get to choose your tune how firm your tranny shifts and speed limiter. I was suppprised though the first day i put mine on(Forgot to teach the tranny) it spun first spun second and chirped in third gear so i will have to say that power wise they are right there with the sct but options they dont have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
And yes that is one of the reasons i now have a suncoast TC in my truck because that thing did some nice frying of my stock one.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
the PPE is not at the same power level as an SCT custom tune. like you also found out, its not good for the trans either.

Garrett

·
199 Posts

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts