The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the 10 inch precision metal fab full floating traction blocks installed.I was originally going to buy the OUO traction blocks, but I like the fact that these are "full floating" so there is never any harsness/stiffness when the rear axle is articulating.I had to lower the front suspension down from 10 inches to 8.5 to look level.But looking at these pics,I will be lifting my truck to 12 inches here soon.The install came out perfect..rear wheels are centered in wheel opening,and the pinion angle turned out nice.My truck shifts smoother and takes bumps "ALOT" easier now.

Attachments

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Truck look good! how much lift did you get in the front/rear?

Can I ask how much they cost? I have been thinking about buying/building some and I havnt found any in Canada yet

·
36 Posts
Give Trevor a call at PMF. His number is in the contact info on their website. He is a great guy to deal with and can customize it for you. I had him make the bump stop tang removable in case I wanted to go to airbags. His bottom airbag plate can bolt where the bump stop tang is. Being able to center the axle in the wheel well is also great. My BDS lift sits the rear axle just a hair bit back and annoys the hell out of me.

http://www.precisionmetalfab.net/

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Can I ask how much they cost? I have been thinking about buying/building some and I havnt found any in Canada yet
Because it removes the factory block,it only lifts the rear 8 inches.But i am having
Trevor make me rear reverse shackle hangers for another 4 inches of lift.
Should be able to get 12 full inches of lift in rear and still keep my stock leafs.Thats
the "plan" anyways.Than he is making me a hiem joint front drag bar to keep the
steering from binding at 12 inches.The track bar ball joint will be reversed on top and the rear top shock mounts will be flipped to accept the same shocks.Than it goes to get new driveshafts put in.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Because it removes the factory block,it only lifts the rear 8 inches.But i am having
Trevor make me rear reverse shackle hangers for another 4 inches of lift.
Should be able to get 12 full inches of lift in rear and still keep my stock leafs.Thats
the "plan" anyways.Than he is making me a hiem joint front drag bar to keep the
steering from binding at 12 inches.The track bar ball joint will be reversed on top and the rear top shock mounts will be flipped to accept the same shocks.Than it goes to get new driveshafts put in.

·
Usurper
59 Posts
Quite impressive - Nice RIP on One Up Offroad there.

I wonder how PMF determine if their setup does not bind?

And are those heim joints? Boy, in that position, and location, being subject to dirt, they're going to wear out, and start clanging bad.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Quite impressive - Nice RIP on One Up Offroad there.

I wonder how PMF determine if their setup does not bind?

And are those heim joints? Boy, in that position, and location, being subject to dirt, they're going to wear out, and start clanging bad.
Really?My front Rize bars have heims and they dont have any issues??????????
Are you suggesting that I put rubber bushings in place of the heims?Wont the rubber bushings wear out?No dont think there should be rubber there?What should be there smart guy?

·
2,126 Posts
Really?My front Rize bars have heims and they dont have any issues??????????
Are you suggesting that I put rubber bushings in place of the heims?Wont the rubber bushings wear out?No dont think there should be rubber there?What should be there smart guy?
Just FYI Dr Speed is really smart and has probably forgotten more about engineering than most of us know. :p

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I see both of their points/questions but they BOTH have a little "attitude" in their writing.....

I am curious as Toylet is also on what should be in place of the Heim joints to save on wear???
I am also curious on what makes MR Speed concerned with the 'Binding" part

·
68 Posts
Nice!!! Do traction bars get rid of the take off vibration? I just installed a ICON 4.5 with rear blocks that have a 5* taper. I can't for the life of me get the carrier bearing adjusted to fix the vibration. Did you have to drop your carrier for your setup, if so how much?

Thanks.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just FYI Dr Speed is really smart and has probably forgotten more about engineering than most of us know. :p
Im still waiting for his response to tell me what I should run there instead
of heims.It doesnt matter what you put at that piviot,its going to wear.When the heims wear out,i throw them in the gutter and buy another.But maybe he "knows"
something that PMF and myself don't.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice!!! Do traction bars get rid of the take off vibration? I just installed a ICON 4.5 with rear blocks that have a 5* taper. I can't for the life of me get the carrier bearing adjusted to fix the vibration. Did you have to drop your carrier for your setup, if so how much?

Thanks.
Its really not going to help with the vibration at take off.I really only noticed the shifting seems smoother.The carrier bearing has to be at the right angle and height
to completly eliminate the vibration.I put a one piece driveline in and the vibrations went away on take off,but I have a vibration in the body at freeway speeds now.So im looking at going back to a 2 piece driveline.Check out precision metal fabs website.
He has the carrier bearing drop bracket that will work with your truck to help fix the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts