The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal, might be kind of long but i want to try to explain it as best as possible...I have been having this problem building boost over 10 psi for about a week now. When i try to stage a do a boosted launch, the boost gauge climbs right up to 10 PSI and then the motor starts bumping like if its defueling. Im running the beta 4.2 and the first day i put it in the truck about 3 weeks ago, i went to the track for a diesel shoot out. everything was fine, 15-20 psi launches, then a few days later i went to take a buddy for a spin and it started doing what its doing now. Goes to 10 and stops right there and the engine starts doing the bumping thing. I think its defueling, but i have no idea why and why now when it was fine the first day? No problem while regular driving and WOT, i can hit 50psi no problem, only when im power braking.

I have tried to PM and email Bob wagner, but i guess hes really busy with the new race tune and i havent heard back from him. I want to figure this out so i can fix the problem, 10 PSI makes for a crappy launch!

·
Registered
964 Posts
try taking it out and see what it does. Fuel filter? Sounds like the tranny is telling the engine don't do it!

·
567 Posts
Sounds to me like what you said that it's defueling....which it shouldnt because the smarty has boost fooling...i'm not sure on this one

·
79 Posts
Bummer man I hate to here your having problems, but your way over my head. Have you tried your old programmer as a process of elimination? Maybe somethings confused in the Beta 4.2. Mine does the same thing with Juice with attitude even when I have the de-fueling turned of. Be great to hear what you come up with.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its 4:30am and i just got dome with the Glacier fuel system. I havent had a chance to go drive yet but its finally in. i also raised the pressure up about 10 PSI with the tuning kit. I doubt this is goig to fix the problem at hand, but i had it sitting here in a box so i decided, what the hell... well see what happens when i go for a drive tomorrow, but for now im off to bed!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Somebody sure loves Scheid!! 2 word responses everywhere! At least put the link up so we can look!

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Bill, did you install a rail pressure guage? Also, try calling Bob. I've always been able to get ahold of him on the phone within 2 tries. You will get ahold of him 100X quicker. I bet he gets something like 200 e-mails a day, and probably even more PM's

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i finally did some more testing and i AM able to get it over 10, but the engine stuttering is still there. the revs will climb, but its not smooth.

Any ideas?

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
injector problem??

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dunno, cuz the first day i used them at the diesel shoot out, they worked fine. ??? im lost.....

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
did u call bob??

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
wait bill.. did you break in the injectors before the shootout??

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
beecuase i know on my friends 6.0 there was a break in process... so if you installed them and went right to the shoot out.. there can be a problem with them

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if it was messed up though i would think it would be acting up at WOT while normal driving too....im going to see what happenes when the tnt gets released, if its still doing it i guess ill have to break the truuck apart again and take a look see

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
How about WOT and under a load. In other words, hook up to a trailer if you can and head down the highway, and give it WOT. Does it seem to stumble then would be the question. Breakboosting, the engine is under load, WOT on the highway it is not under the same static load...

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
BillM2004 said:
im going to see what happenes when the tnt gets released,
BTW, what is the scoop on the TST? I had given up on one being released for the 06.5+

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i tried it when i was towing aslo, liteweight >4000lbs nothing...

the TNT is to be released in a few days i think. bob was supposed to be getting me the tnt to beta test, but i guess he got too busy to send it out to me today. its supposed to be good for the 03-07's

Its going to be vin locked to 1 truck and thats it, but from what i understand you have to have the supporting mods in order for bob/marco to give it to you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sabbath5.9 said:
wait bill.. did you break in the injectors before the shootout??
i drove normal for about 2 days. i guess that might not be considered breaking in. but then again nowhere was it mentioned or told to me to break them in

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Ahh.. I thought you ment the TST R49 for a 06.5-07 5.9.....

Back to your issue. I'm leaning towards fuel related.
Somewhere between the CP3 or a bad injector, that only shows when the truck is under load. I don't think it is with your trans, but you might want to check your ATF fluid for level, feel, and smell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts