The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here lately ill be driving and the truck just dies for a little while then will run again, also when i go to start it it starts but then it will just rev up and down on its own then just sputter out so then i wait and start it and all runs normal ive been told its my cam sensor but just wanted to hear your guys thoguhts on it. Thanks in advance!!

·
2,509 Posts
It sounds like it could be a cam sensor to me, do you have any codes? The cam sensors are now $25 from ford and it only takes about 5 min. to change them so it would probably be worth a try before you do a whole lot of other investigateing

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
My truck used to do that... Would die at low speeds/idle or not start sometimes. New CPS and it hasn't done it in a few months.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
make sure you check you engine oil level first.

·
97F-3504X4PSD
120 Posts
:usflag Same symptoms my truck had. Mine progressively got worse. New CPS fixed it. Easy change. These guys recommend keeping a spair CPS and a 10mm wrench in your truck.:Thumbup:

·
391 Posts
Cps

That sounds like what mine did when the cam position sensor was bad last year. I'd be going down the road and all of the sudden I was coasting. Sometimes the tach would go crazy. After I pulled over and turned off the ignition it would restart and be fine, maybe for a couple days.

It's and easy change out, though mine cost about $100. Get an OEM one. The first one I got was from an auto parts store and it was no good.

·
928 Posts
Mine just did that a few weeks ago until it finally wouldn't start at all. New CPS and it started right up and hasn't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i got bored today and decided to cahnge it out cheap easy fix picked one up for $20 for the dealership they also said that it sounds like its going bad well we'll see if that fixes it.

·
2,509 Posts
smay665949 said:
the international ones are all I had used untile now that the ford ones have gotten so cheep, because I work for an IH dealer. But I dont think they last any longer than the ones you get from ford.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
smay665949 said:

Yah all i Bought was the International ones before Ford dropped their prices. However they are the same thing Ford gets them from International.

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well guess that didnt fix it was driving today and the truck died started it and it ran fine again im starting to think its my Edge J/A guess ill run it without it and see what happens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts