The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep getting 2579 Turbo speed sensor code or something. Anybody else got this? truck runs just fine when it comes on. It seems to set when i have higher boost or am holding the boost steady at freeway speeds. Any help would be great.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
What boost are boost pressures when the code trips? It would be my guess that its about 35psi which would be about out or just over the factory turbo's MAP

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya boost is probably about 35-38. would the boost fooler cause it?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Ya boost is probably about 35-38. would the boost fooler cause it?
Basiclly you are over speeding the stock turbo... Boost fooler should be built into the XRT software... If you have a inline boost fooler try taking it out and see what happens.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Also if your truck starts bucking and surging bad and knocking check your wires and connections on the mp8 cause Neel knows wat i just went through and come to find out i believe this was the main reason my truck was acting like chit and felt like it was going to explode.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i took the Quadzilla Boost fooler off and it did the same thing. Code came on as soon as i started buildin the boost on the freeway. This time though it threw another code P0106 and the turbo speed code P2579 and the red lighting bolt came on the dash too. also when this happend my edge wouldnt read the codes or show me my tranny temp. Truck runs just fine when all this goes down. Any thoughts??

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Disconnect the MP-8 and see if it still does it. The spensor could be bad in the turbo.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill try it. I just went and drove it after clearing the codes agian with a scan tool and it didnt come back on. Ha so i dont know whats goin on with this thing.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Ill try it. I just went and drove it after clearing the codes agian with a scan tool and it didnt come back on. Ha so i dont know whats goin on with this thing.
The XRT already has boost fooling built in fyi. Oh i would highly recommend you check your bell housing bolts asap mine snapped off created and a wild and eventful time trying to recreate the noise and symptoms till i crawled under there...thought for sure it took my clutch with it the way it acted

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya he just said it has a boost fooler in it. Pretty sure the bell housing bolts are good just had a tranny put in not to long ago. After clearing the codes last time everything seems to be fine. I have taken it on the freeway and the codes havent come back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts