The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 99 7.3 zf6 4wd f350 cclb with around 240xxx. I rolled it awhile back and drove it on the trailer to bring it home, I drove it off the trailer to where it is now. I unhooked the batteries and it sat for a few months. So now it's time for it to get the rollover damage fixed and I went to start it and it sounds like a drill, I put a new starter in it and still the same thing. All fuses are good, I have fully charged batteries, all my dash lights function normal. I verified that the motor was turning an not just the starter spinning. Took the video to all the diesel shops around and nobody has ever heard a 7.3 sound like this when its turning over. It almost sounds like it has no compression. One mechanic said it looks like engine was turning to slow. To double check that the new starter may be crap my friend and I took a gear reduction starter off his 7.3. The same thing happens. The motor just spins faster now.
Tha k you for any help. I have searched forums for days trying to figure this out without any luck. I will try to post the video fir you guys.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't figure out how to post the video, it kept saying the format was wrong. I changed the format to different ones and nothing worked. All fluids are full, I've got fuel into the fuel bowl. Do I need to go further and bleed injector lines to make sure fuel is getting there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2000 f550 super duty, I'm hearing a loud popping noise that seems to be coming from the rear driver side tire. It pops when turning or driving straight, any idea's of what this could be? I can't figure this out. Thanks for any advise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts