The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Another day in paradise
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jody and Diane, you guys have got to fix your advertising.

It says nothing at all about the wow factor of your tunes!

Says nothing about not likeing but LOVEING your truck!

How the pedal actually responds like you think it should now!

How the tranny shifts bang on when it should!

How I went thru half a tank and gained 3mpg!

How I got out of my truck this afternoon on my first run and was giggling like a school girl!

How my wife said if every mod you did made you this happy you can mod all you like!

If you can't tell I'm a little happy right now. Thanks for the great service and tunes!

:happydance:happydance:happydance:happydance

( And some of ya'll thought this was gonna be a bad thread :D )

Reactions: SeeYa

·
The one and only
410 Posts
Boom LOL

Good luck to ya glad you like it.

·
53 Posts
Yea, you didn't intend to start a "bad thread", but the lynch mob will soon be here!.

One thing I never understood about the whole DP Tuner/timing debate is that all the DP Tuner victims all seem to know quite a bit about powerstrokes. They work on them, modify them, take them apart, put them back together, change injectors, turbos, oil pumps, fuel systems, intake modifications, transmission modifications, clutch changes, and share information with friends and other knowledgeable powerstroke owners and diesle mechanics alike.

You can read posts and see there is quite a bit of knowledge. They know "EXACTLY" what they want and where to get it. They know "EXACTLY" what they want, yet not one person can tell DP TUNER where THEY want their timing curve to be set at.

Everybody does all these add ons, then go out and run the crap out of their trucks, then when they smoke an engine, they say "Jody adds too much timing".

If everybody knows so darn much about the powerstroke, why don't they just tell their tuner where they want their TIMING set? I did. Obviously there has been enough trial and error that SOMEBODY has to know how to set the timing properly.

Anyway, I'm finished.

Carry On!:hijacked

·
Another day in paradise
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dead-on Mr BBQ. I personally know 2 people with DP-tuners and many miles on their trucks with no issues.

Then again you have to take in consideration that it's all a gamble. SOME trucks run fine, some don't. SOME Fords run like a rock and some die quick deaths. Same can be said for any other brand.

That's one reason I'm not a brand basher. Same reason there is no "ONE best" at anything. Never has been never will. If there was there would be no need for competition. ( "Such and such is the best period. " ) We would all quit and follow the best.

I have no intentions of racing my truck, nor do I have something to prove against other vehicles. I just wanted a lil more from my truck and I got it. I did my research, and I never jump on a bandwagon just cause all the ( suppose to be ) cool kids are doing it. LOL

I just thought the title would be funny. I'm thrilled with my new truck.

Brand bashers can attack, because " the ones that mind don't matter, and the ones that matter don't mind". ;)

·
6,337 Posts
Glad you like it... I know I did...

Key word DID...

·
8,265 Posts
Glad to hear that you like it. Jody and Diane offer a great product, and on top of that are great people.

And to those who feel that Jody and Diane are the cause of all their ills (dogs and cats living together, the stumbling economy, powerstrokes turning into cummins, child breaking out in zits, etc) no need to bring it here. This thread doesn't deal with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts