The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my name is billy i just rebuilt my first 7.3 turbo the other day every thing is new oil pump its all new but i dont have any oil presure coming to my turbo i got it at the bottom end 15 @ idle [email protected] 2500 rpm can some one please help me out i pull off the oil cooler to chek it i have oil in it i need to know if there is a plug i might put in the wrong place to restrect my oil from coming to the top thanks billy

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Are the lifters rattling? If not your getting oil to the top you just have a problem with your supply line. If they are rattling you may have forgotten to install (or they blew out) the lifter oil galley end plugs. They are behind the cam gear and look like a little freeze plug. I like to tap these out and install pipe plugs in them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes those are in the motor run great i just cant figuer it out i blew in th supply line and the dip stick line and fill air im lost i thought i might be an oil journal block off

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Where is the supply line hooked to?

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
When you checked the pressure did you check it at the turbo or did you connect to the fitting at the back of the block. I'm wanting to know if the gauge was deadheaded (straight line from block to gauge) or in a flowing system (oil going through turbo).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the turbo has oil but dont read anything and we get oil presure at the bottom of the motor but not at the turbo, and we checked with a manual gauge the engine has no rattles and it has lots of power but no oil pressure. we checked the valves in the cooler also and there not stuck nether so please help we use the truck to pull our dragster to the track and race season starts this weekend.

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Try disconnecting the supply line at the block and connect the gauge there, you can clamp vice grips on the turbine nut to hold the turbo from spinning. See if you have any pressure that way.

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Just an update on this problem. After a few phonecalls and pulling the engine they found the lifter oil galley plugs in the front of the block were missing.:damnit

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Its a good thing you helped them out and got it up and running, good work!

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey john thanks for all the help i got the motor together and back in it run great ive got oil pressure ive got it all thankyou again for your time it help billy waters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts