The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling 10K 5th wheel camper through the smokey mountains with 210, egts never got above 1200 boost never got above 35 now the bad part. 130 Miles on half tank of FUEL lom showed 9.3, truck ran hot- oil temp high, fuel rail temp high, trans temp high, truck started defueling, pulled over radiator was boiling over. service engine light came on codes showed mil status off, P048 fan 1 control circuit, p0528 fan speed sensor circuit ,p2263 turbo super charge boost system performance. Does anyone know if the codes are tuner related or is it a hardware problem and the fan has gone out?

·
2,183 Posts
maybe be the radiator or high elevation? just guesses though

·
138 Posts
Judging by the 2 fan codes I would say the fan system wasnt working right and thats why it was running hot.... The other things could be another underlying problem or maybe just secondary issues due to overheating.

That would be my guess, I would make sure the fan and temp sensors where working correctly First.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
where did you boil over and what was your coolant temp. I just got a new degas bottle to fix my puking problem. I pulled my 15k trailer with all the snow and ice on the roof more like 17k. Up some monster steep 2-3mile long hills and lost about half a gallon. The truck is stock right now. coolant temp hit 216 and oil was at 220. Nothing out of the top of the degas though.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolant was boiling out of the bottle, coolant hit 235, oil temp 232, fuel rail temp was also hot don't rembember the temp. Most of this happened on an 8% grade about 2 miles long.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I tried to take the truck in to an unknown dealer when i was out of state, he was not mad friendly at all (I have a complete 5" exaust system, I don't carry the factory system with me to swap out in case of problems, wish I would have stayed with the dpf delete only for this reason) I was straight up with the dealer and told him what all I had on the truck and it had been programed back to stock. He hadn't heard of Spartan, he asked if it was like the bullydog. I explained it to him as a dpf delete product. He would not even look at the truck without the DPF on, he said his equipment couldn't get past the code for the DPF being gone. He also said that my warranty (engine and transmission) would be voided because of the mods, he said he had 1 in his shop with the Bullydog that had voided the warranty. I asked him how my local dealership can check out my truck without the DPF? He said that Spartan must have paid them off and got some test equipment. Needless to say I didn't leave my truck with him (after i drove a hour to get there) I tuned the truck down to the 75 tune and pulled the camper back home. The cooling fan is still out and had to do alot of coasting and stopping for cooldowns, but made it haome and will take it to my dealer next week.

·
124 Posts
Well I tried to take the truck in to an unknown dealer when i was out of state, he was not mad friendly at all (I have a complete 5" exaust system, I don't carry the factory system with me to swap out in case of problems, wish I would have stayed with the dpf delete only for this reason) I was straight up with the dealer and told him what all I had on the truck and it had been programed back to stock. He hadn't heard of Spartan, he asked if it was like the bullydog. I explained it to him as a dpf delete product. He would not even look at the truck without the DPF on, he said his equipment couldn't get past the code for the DPF being gone. He also said that my warranty (engine and transmission) would be voided because of the mods, he said he had 1 in his shop with the Bullydog that had voided the warranty. I asked him how my local dealership can check out my truck without the DPF? He said that Spartan must have paid them off and got some test equipment. Needless to say I didn't leave my truck with him (after i drove a hour to get there) I tuned the truck down to the 75 tune and pulled the camper back home. The cooling fan is still out and had to do alot of coasting and stopping for cooldowns, but made it haome and will take it to my dealer next week.
Sorry to hear about your luck, and the run in with the dealer. You're definitely at a disadvantage when you're on the road with camper and all; hopefully better luck with the local dealer.

Keep us updated. Camping season in Michigan is about ready to start, and I'm intending to pull some moderate grades in the Northern part of the state with 12,500lb running the 210hp tune. :happymugs

·
Registered
59 Posts
I asked him how my local dealership can check out my truck without the DPF? He said that Spartan must have paid them off and got some test equipment.QUOTE]

WTF is that *****. That dealership is on crack.

·