The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my chip to work in my truck for about 15 miles. Then I shut it off and when I went to leave I got a wait to start light and the controller would go through the programs but just got a light click when I hit the starter and nothing else. I checked the my connection wire and all is good; any ideas?

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
Have you ever had a chip installed before? If not, the first thing to check is the edge connector in the PCM and make sure it's totally clean and free of that gel stuff.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
4wydnr said:
I finally got my chip to work in my truck for about 15 miles. Then I shut it off and when I went to leave I got a wait to start light and the controller would go through the programs but just got a light click when I hit the starter and nothing else. I checked the my connection wire and all is good; any ideas?
Jody retinned the connections on your PCM due to the oxidation that was setting in and sent you a different chip. Give Jody a call tomorrow so you can discuss what is happening. If he needs to send you another chip, we need to do it tomorrow. We are leaving for a vacation with our kids over Easter weekend and will not be back until Tuesday the 10th.

:thanks:
Diane

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Diane, I planned on giving you guys a call in the morning. I must say the tuning is awesome when I could get it to work. I was just seeing if anyone had any suggestions tonight.

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd drop a line in here for DP tuner. I figured out the problem is with the wiring on my truck and has nothing to do with my F5 chip from them.

·
30 Posts
What was the problem with the wiring? Only reason I ask is I have an F5 on the way and if I run into the same problem I would like to know what to look out for.

-Mike

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wiring problem has to do with the starter solenoid that is on the fender. I am not getting power from my ignition switch to run the starter when I turn the key. It is a completely separate from my F5 chip. The only reason I posted this is because it happened shortly after I installed the chip so I assumed that was the cause. I found the problem but am unsure how to fix it. In the meantime I have a jumper switch for a starter hanging from my grill.

As for the F5 tuner, it is great. I had a superchips microtuner before and the power from DP is so much smoother you will not be disappointed. What settings did you get on it?

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mwierowski, I found the problem with my truck was a fuse in the panel under the hood was just not making good contact.

·
186 Posts
I had a problem with losing my programing in 1 position on the switch. A quick call to DP, little troubleshooting and we determined the Switch/wiring/connector was at fault. Jody sent me a replacement and all has been well since. I don't know which is better the programs or the service. :thanks: I should add that i purchased mine used.

·
30 Posts
4wydnr said:
As for the F5 tuner, it is great. I had a superchips microtuner before and the power from DP is so much smoother you will not be disappointed. What settings did you get on it?
I ordered it with Stock, 60T, 80E and 120. Should be here today or tomorrow I hope. I want that grin everyone talks about, lol

·
30 Posts
Well I got my chip today and installed it. Haven't driven around to much yet as I am still at work, but I did run into a problem that I have to call Jody about. The cable that runs between the chip and the switch seems to have a poor connector on the end that attachs to the switch. I currently have it taped in the right spot with electrical tape, but the display still goes off when I hit little bump or something and it defaults to stock setting. Then I have to play with the cable again to get the display to come back on and the program it was on to start working again.

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts