The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2010 F-250SD and it's in perfect condition with only around 25k miles. But my dad keeps saying that his friend keeps telling him how the 6.4L engines have all these problems that are expensive to repair. So what are these problems and how much would the repairs be if they were to have to be done? Or is his friend over reacting? It's well known that he doesn't like diesels, so I figure he may just be bashing the diesel.

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Well the biggest hinderance is the emissons control devices pouring the heat through the heads/turbos/exhaust by dumping fuel in the number 4 and 8 cylinders on the exhaust stroke for the regenration cycle of the DPF. Best thing to do is tuning that eliminates the regeneration, delete pipe kits to remove the cat/DPF, and keeping up all fuel/oil maintenance without fail.

Mileage and power going up as well is an added bonus.

Adrianspeeder

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the biggest hinderance is the emissons control devices pouring the heat through the heads/turbos/exhaust by dumping fuel in the number 4 and 8 cylinders on the exhaust stroke for the regenration cycle of the DPF. Best thing to do is tuning that eliminates the regeneration, delete pipe kits to remove the cat/DPF, and keeping up all fuel/oil maintenance without fail.

Mileage and power going up as well is an added bonus.

Adrianspeeder
O I see...So what should I be looking into in the way of getting rid of all that causes the regeneration?

·
606 Posts
Shuting off the regen will also cut down on the fuel in the crankcase. Mine went form 4.5% to >.5%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts