The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my first power stroke last weekend. Im about to get the guages installed ( egt, trans, boost ) it came with the edge programmer... was woundering if its any good or not...

the mods on the truck right now are... just exhaust 4 inch. all the way back... edge programmer.. and suncoast transmission...

right now its set on the extrem setting on the edge programmer.. which program on it is best for fuel econ???? but still has that get up..

thanks guys. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
456 gears front and back.

rolln on 38.5/15.50/r16

whats a good intake too???:sly:

·
6,337 Posts
Intake, if you want to spend the $$$ is the AFE stage 2. If you want to go cheap, still good, the Tymar intake is great. Flows nearly as much as the AFE but about 15% of the cost... about $50-$75

As far as chip or programmer, I would go for the chip, better tunes cut for your year and driving style, I love my ATS chip with Tadds burns, Also love the DI chip with Davids burns. Have one with Tony Wildmans burns I just got, but I need more time to make a call on that. Had a TS chip that I liked but it had older burns on it.

If you wanted to stay the programer route, you could get a SCT with Jodys stuff on it, but you loose the shift on the fly...

·
41 Posts
I had an Edge Evo for a little while but didn't care for the way my truck was shifting. It made lots of power but i was worried about the trans. I am now running a DP-tuner chip and love it. Trans shifts great and the 80 and 120 tunes have awesome power. As mentioned by CSIPSD a chip can be custom burned for your needs and your truck.

As for the best fuel economy, I would try each setting for a week to see which yields the best numbers. I would think one of the lower settings would be best for fuel economy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i should get the chip.. and what do you mean by shift on the fly.... i also do notice the truck shifting hard.... so give me some pointers on which route to go.. i want the power... but same time.. decent fuel econ... i doo need intake too.. haha.... anyone want my edge evo??!?! hha

·
41 Posts
I would go with the chip, I like DP-Tuner, but I have heard good things about Wildman and DI too. A flip chip will let you switch between settings while driving. Unlike the Edge which you have to plug in the programmer and go through uploading, etc. With a flip chip you can also get several different settings for towing, economy, and power.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there a program out there i can use with the edge evo for the shift points on my trans?? i dont think the evo does that..

·
1,291 Posts
there are programer that will adjust shift point none that will work with the evo. There are also modules like the truspeed that will correct your speedo Shift point cal also be adjusted with a chip. Give us a call if you would liek more info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn, well that sucks... i like the evo alot.. what is the diff between the chip and program... as in which is safer/better...

btw i tried calln, your not even open yet!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ponis,
Have you checked out the Sniper Special Forces software? Its a little different than other programmers. Their programmer comes with software that you load on a home PC. This software allows you to choose different power levels, adjust for modifications you might have done to your truck (propane, bigger exh, injectors, etc..) and set the transmission up to your satisfaction. The transmission adjustments it allows you to do includes: shift points, shift firmness & converter lockup.
You wont be able to use it along with your Evo, but it's a another option for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts