The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get an edge evolution w/ attitude and a ts 6 position chip. is this a good or bad idea.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It looks like you have a relatively stock engine which means you can max out your engine (oil/fuel systems) with just the chip. No need for the Edge products if you get the chip first.

:2cents

·
1,726 Posts
:whs

The 7.3 powerstroke isn't like some of the other diesels. No need for stacking this and that. Just get a custom burnt chip and you will be ready to roll.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
AMEN to that!!!!

A good custom burnt chip is all that you will need.....as far as engine control goes....

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
:agreed: :iagree
the only thing with the strokers is that they dont seem to do to well with the stacking of chips and such. just go with a custom chip from TS or DP or somthing like that

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

a guy i was talking to that works at a deisel shop was telling me to go with both. is he just trying to make a sell. why doesnt the 7.3 stack very well

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
the way that i understand it it is too much of a load for the computer and the engine. aloso if you start adding this much pwer you will need to get new injectors to supply enough fuel to git that power. I dont know what all you have on your truck since theres nothing in your sig. so you will also need a new air box and guages if you git going too much. (guage are first and air box second. These are necesities for adding any more power to your truck)
Snyder

·
1,726 Posts
The whole "Stacking" sceene realy is just a way to get people to buy more products. The ONLY thing that can be stacked with a chip on a 7.3 is an 18K type of mod. This inclueds the Edge EZ and I know Dfuser has one also. All they do is increase ICP (Injection Control Pressure). This is 100% unnecessary though because you can have a CUSTOM burnt chip that does the same thing.

My advice to you is get a chip from TS, DP, Eliete, or Tony Wildman and save your 300 or 400 bucks on whatever you were going to stack for future mods. Like maybe a turbo or injectors. 400 bucks in a savings account going toward some stage 2 injectors is going to yeild you way more benifit than putting it into something to stack on you chip!

·
Registered
34 Posts
gotsmoke00 said:
a guy i was talking to that works at a deisel shop was telling me to go with both. is he just trying to make a sell. why doesnt the 7.3 stack very well
that's because the juice/attitude has no transmission control... your truck WILL shift like crap on the higher settings. You then need the evolution programmer to gain a whoppin 20 something more hp and increase line pressure so the trans will shift ok.

the same thing can be done by going with any of the mentioned custom tuned chips, for ALOT less... and I promise the end result is WORLDS better :smoke

The stacking doesn't work very well because the oil system that provides pressure to fire the injectors can't keep up. Some, not all trucks oil sys have problems once you get to about 120hp over stock... some can go a bit more... but not much more than 140 or so. There is a solution... dual high pressure oil pumps or different injectors... neither of which are cheap ;)

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
:agreed: :iagree :whs
True dat. the money you save from buing the chip vs. the edge can go towards better mods. (injectors, turbos and whatnot)
:smoke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts