The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many choices in programmers these days, how do you know the best one for my 06' Cummins ?...Edge,Smarty,Bully dog,etc. currently running a Big G for extra power & mileage. have recently added exhaust & intake. It would be nice to have a monitor to see exhaust temp,boost & trans.temp. Any suggestion would be helpful. would stacking the big G with a Smarty be the way to go?? Stand'n bye

·
Registered
964 Posts
yeah come on let's hear what the boys have to say!!! I got a new toy and can't wait to do something to it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your serious about making some power go Smarty.

The Smarty will make enough power to tear apart you tranny.....Maybe your turbo too!

The Smarty will blow your mind...Forget about the stack for now.

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
:whs get a Smarty and when you want to stack it get a TS MP-8. i love it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
choice programmer!!!

sounds like the smarty is the best thing going.....still have the problem w/o a monitor. nobody likes the Edge w/ Att?? or Bully dog??
I'm look'n for some more power,not looking to blow it up, My megacab is my daily drive In FLA. & I haul stuff up to the NC mountains. If Smarty's the answer, do you guys advise seperate pilar guages?? Thanks for the come back, C.C.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Get real gauges, get the Smarty, and have a big grin as you pass guys with the edge....There is a big difference between them in performance and problem factor.

·
754 Posts
Capt....I have the Bully Dog and I have liked it a lot. From what I hear it doesn't make as much power as the smarty but I am more than happy with the power for my daily driver. I like the built in safe guards and the monitor you can get with it. I have 2 friends with edges in thier duramax's and they are happy with thier boxes as well.

If you are serious about performance then go with a smarty, if you are looking for some extra power without tearing up your truck the bully dog or edge is the way to go.

Trust me others on this site have tried other stuff and down play the added power from a BD or an Edge box but the performance difference from stock will put a smile on your face. Each box will give you an extra 100 horse and over 200 foot lbs of torque. That's not messing around.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I have run the BullyDog PowerPup for almost 3 years and the power is incredible!!! I have the Crazy Larry tune and have only run it once...the power is incredible and is definetly too much for a stock truck. However, most guys now run the Smarty and are putting out some serious power. If you can afford a $685 programmer, go Smarty. My BullyDog is for sale too if your interested.

·
Just gettin started
185 Posts
Where would one find this Smarty? Excuse my ignorance, I just joined here.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm taking names for a group buy PM if interested! Looking for 10 guys who want to smile!! first ten get an awsome deal!

·
83 Posts
go with the smarty i had a edge on my truck for about a hour my truck hated it the smarty will not tear up anything unless you tell it to there are nine different levels so you can put as much to the truck as you want i run mine on kill always and so far one valve body and a very fast truck hope this helps good luck you won't be sorry!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok look dont go smarty!!!!! im not talking bad about it but if you want millage and the power when you want it without tearing up your truck go with the quadzilla its an awesome programer my buddies had an 06 CR and he loved it he had it stacked with another quadzilla but i dont remember the name of it rite now but i think hes still got it and wants to sell it if your interested ill send you some specs and a price and you can deciede form there.. only down fall is no gauges and its a programer not a chip

·
Registered
432 Posts
if u wait a lil bit the adreline with be out for the cr motor and there is alot of power and they can be stacked with a smarty

·
Registered
7 Posts
is anybody selling a used chip or programmer that fits a 03 cr?
I don't need a lot of power, I would just like too match what I had in my
96 12 valve

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts
capt.cummins said:
sounds like the smarty is the best thing going.....still have the problem w/o a monitor. nobody likes the Edge w/ Att?? or Bully dog??
I'm look'n for some more power,not looking to blow it up, My megacab is my daily drive In FLA. & I haul stuff up to the NC mountains. If Smarty's the answer, do you guys advise seperate pilar guages?? Thanks for the come back, C.C.
Gauges are MANDATORY! ANY programmer can seriously hurt your truck if you don't know what the engine is doing.

The Edge requires the Juice and that is a power inhancer in itself.
Take a look at the Quadzilla Commander for a monitor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Talk to Bob 888-225-7637

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had bullydog for over 2 yrs with monitor and had no problems stacked it with quadzilla and really like the combo the crazy larry program suppose to give you 230hp and 450tq if i remember right soon after programer pulling regular i needed trans and if you ask me a built trans will give you more power than a 80hp chip because you lose so much with a stock trans

1 - 20 of 25 Posts