The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that Diablo is the way to go as far as cost vs performance, is there anything else out there thats better or cheaper?

Thanks,

AUG:Thumbup:

·
2,184 Posts
Dioblo as far as tunners is about as cheap as it gets for the performace gain you recieve

·
Registered
12 Posts
EFI Live is the real bang for the buck its just a 700 dollar buck

·
Tire Smoker
461 Posts
The Predator for the LB7 can't be unlocked from the truck's VIN. The truck can be returned to stock, but the Predator is locked to that VIN and can't be used to program another vehicle unless it is sent into Diablo. You can use it to read codes on any vehicle while it is VIN locked.

·
Registered
311 Posts
AUGSX,

Yep it's the one we sell the most to folks that want to get a good HP bump without spending a lot etc. The next option would be the Bully Dog Triple Dog with on the fly HP changes.

Mark @ DPPI

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

·
806 Posts
I really like the QuadZilla I have the 135hp but if I had to do it over I would have went ahead and got the 215hp for the price.

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks everybody he is going to go with the predator, the fact that he can chose between low hp and tow and correct for tires has swayed him.
:Thumbup:

AUG

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like my predator, the 120 tune is nice with the new transmission. Especially in combination with a little LP.

·
Registered
295 Posts
There are several tuners out for the Duramax engine , the Predator is a real nice tuner for everyday use , it is on the level of a trans upgrade, if you are going to run the 120 hp tune , the 85 will be taxing but with care it should be OK. If you are looking for bigger hp numbers there are several other tuners out @, ppe , Quadzilla, Bullydog and tts. Now with EFI you can program your own tunes with some practice and time.

·
2,184 Posts
I've got the Edge with Attitude , the Predator and A TS Performance MP8 all stacked together. The Mood I'm in determines the combo I run..

All 3 of these really stack well together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tuners vs. programmers

i have tried them all, the quadzilla makes the engine rattle really bad and was the first set up to make my original transmission limp, the edge hot juice runs well but lack the hp. the predator runs good but clearly does not erase codes properly, the van aaken with the right set up will make the truck run really fast, but with high horsepower gains there is a slight flaw while cruising at around 71 mph. i have a whole garage full of these if somene wants to purchase them. the quadzilla and predator have to be sent back before they can be added to another truck, but the edge hot juice could be sold, have monitor also, barely used. 2002 duramax

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
PPE also has good tunes, they have tunes from economy 90 hp to hot +2 350hp at the crank. The level 3 tow tune works best for heavy rigs, but you can you level 10 on things lighter than 5000 pounds

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.