The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any vendors know if SCT or any other type tuner has something available for a 05-07 Ford Explorer...either or both 4.0L V6 or 4.6L V8? My g/f is looking at them and wants to know if she cant pick up a couple ponies and some mpg if she does get one....she likes riden in the tuned diesel:sly: :woot: :smoke

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about 03-04 then...anything else?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool, i was wonderin if you could do an SCT on one...ill let ya know if she ends up gettin one then! Thanks eric!

·
6,337 Posts
Dont expect much... maybe 20 hp on pump 85 and 30 on pre fuel... sucks... I did like the shifting with one on the wifes

·
1,726 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Dont expect much... maybe 20 hp on pump 85 and 30 on pre fuel... sucks... I did like the shifting with one on the wifes
Not every gasser resopnds like that. My brother had a 94 Camero LT1 and he put a Jet stage 1 chip in it. It woke that thing up like you wouldn't believe!! He also had manifold back exhaust on it with a high performance cat.

It wasn't quite like a chip on a diesel truck but close. He wanted the stage 2 chip but they said fuel milage would suffer with it and stage 3 needed unleaded race fuel (98 octane or more).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts