The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got 160cc injectors, a fass 180 with custom fuel lines and itp's rail fittings, 5'' exhaust, kn intake, aderenaline, turbonetics bb drop in, gutted ebpv, aih delete, ccv mod, scorpion diesel boots fooler, and a ts chip. Ive been wanting to stack a programmer with the chip and not sure what works with what. Ive seen a few sct programmed 7.3s and was pretty impressed but ive been told that smarty is supposed be better. However since most any diesel-wiz-shop can custom burn chips and programmers does it really matter what I use? what would be the better programmer to buy to stack with the ts chip? Im looking to do some heavy sled pulling and maybe some drag races in the near future. Also i need some kind of tune for the poor ol tranny, since this is the third rebuild in 4 years :bang

·
812 Posts
im pretty sure they dont make a smarty for a PSD. stacking things on the PSD does nothing good for the engine. send your TS chip to beans, gearhead, wildman, PHP. they will set you up with some tunes you would love.

·
862 Posts
Stacking a programmer with a chip does absolutely nothing. A chip will always override whatever is on the PCM. So don't waste your time or money.

·
812 Posts
i had mine modded. it cost me $ i noticed more throttle responce. if i was to have it modded now i would have swamps do it. its more like retuning the IDM rather then modding it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts