The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Me and My buddy Justin(Mundy351) spent a long weekend trying to get the truck started. Unfortunalty we didnot get it started do to some issues with the bung which we welded on the oil pan. I now half to cut it off again and buy a new one. (long story). We also dropped the hood off to the bodyshop, which I will tell you it wasnt a bodyshop. It a custom shop that only does display vehicles and concept cars. I felt like my truck was a real piece after leaving that place and I'm surprised they even took my stuff. The heat exchanger hood and fender are getting prepped and painted. He is also going to rework my fenders so the never rub again at the dunes. Here are some photos of the truck. We still have alot of clean up to do but thought Id share some photos

And the sweet battery set up that took over 3+ hours to do

We are having a welder come over to re-weld the new bung on. Once I get the old one removed and the new one purchased. Im soo soooo close its killing me. I still gota figure out the exhuast and how it gona exit the vehicle to the stacks. Ill keep everyone posted to the progress and it devolopes

I want to thank Justin for all the hard work he has been helping with. We worked until 3am last night and drove over 100 miles getting parts yesterday.

·
3,306 Posts
Wow! everything looks awesome rob. I can't wait to see some videos of this thing tearing it up haha!:bow:

·
New Stroker
200 Posts
Looking damn sexy Rob!! Just curious about the downpipe - does it run through the fender well somehow. Looking at the angle that's the only way I can imagine it routing. Pics?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xtremexj said:
Looking damn sexy Rob!! Just curious about the downpipe - does it run through the fender well somehow. Looking at the angle that's the only way I can imagine it routing. Pics?
Thats the part I need to figure out....Im not sure if Im going to route it in the frame or out side the frame. Need to call brian on his thoughts. :smoke

·
3,306 Posts
Hey rob where did you mount the coolant resevoir(degas bottle)? Or did you just not put it back on yet?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
strokin6L said:
Hey rob where did you mount the coolant resevoir(degas bottle)? Or did you just not put it back on yet?

Still needs to be remounted. The hose I bought for my CCV mod was too thick so Im waiting to but that on after

·
883 Posts
Rob, looking really good man. I knew you were planning on it working on it this weekend...didnt know you were going to get so far.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
looks good. cant wait to see the :smoke .

Garrett

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
me and Justin pulled some late nights complements to monster energy and redbull

·
2,612 Posts
looks like its coming along good. i hope you get it running soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts