The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Witch one is the best to use for a 6.4 to gain maximum performance for drag race+ maximum reliability for daily using. water methanol keep exhaust cool but does it add a lot of power??? what brand??? let me know what you guy think

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I see you are now hooked on modding.

Snow Performance seem to be a popular brand. The water cools the intake charge and the methanol acts as a fuel. hp increases can be as high as 70hp.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
And I got one for sale cheap, never been used. Haha

·
55 Posts
nitrous is the one I would consider the safest for lower cyl PSI and da most HP gain.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
just don't use propane lol its pointless
well...its not Pointless....but on the OPs application i think he would yield the most gains out of nitrous if just planning on racing or water if he wants it for DD on the street....propane is a great mod but with all the fuel yall are putting out on the spartan high hp tunes its not nec needed...although it would gain at least 50 rwhp if not more from propane, propane only cools the egts down under part throttle, crusing, towing, etc. but under wot it makes the egts a little warmer (since its a fuel) but pane also gets you better mpgs, throttle response, etc....

so IMO its not Pointless but for the OPs truck id recommend one of the others...:thumbsup good luck with what you decide to go with!!:happymugs

·
Registered
38 Posts
well...its not Pointless....but on the OPs application i think he would yield the most gains out of nitrous if just planning on racing or water if he wants it for DD on the street....propane is a great mod but with all the fuel yall are putting out on the spartan high hp tunes its not nec needed...although it would gain at least 50 rwhp if not more from propane, propane only cools the egts down under part throttle, crusing, towing, etc. but under wot it makes the egts a little warmer (since its a fuel) but pane also gets you better mpgs, throttle response, etc....

so IMO its not Pointless but for the OPs truck id recommend one of the others...:thumbsup good luck with what you decide to go with!!:happymugs
what i meant by pointless is that you can get the same (performance, didn't think of fuel economy :bang) or better results from something as simple as water/meth

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ya, if yalls egts are already really hot then id go with that....but how much rwhp does water/meth gain by itself? i dont know what the gains are with it....i know i dynoed an 80 rwhp and 140 rwtq gain on my truck with pane...

·
Registered
38 Posts
ya, if yalls egts are already really hot then id go with that....but how much rwhp does water/meth gain by itself? i dont know what the gains are with it....i know i dynoed an 80 rwhp and 140 rwtq gain on my truck with pane...
i've heard of gains of 100+ with water/meth, and i've heard gains of around 50rwhp with JUST water, its like adding a second intercooler

·
181 Posts
Nitrous all the way.
We put Slednecks truck on the Dyno and it picked up 25% RWHP running the Spartan 275 with a Zex 200HP kit running a .088 jet

It lowered EGT's while making huge #'s

Sorry we are still waiting on the Dyno Charts. Once I get them I will Post

Rob

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank for reply! i'm ready to order a snow water methanol . witch one should i get. stage 2? stage3 or stage 3mpg max??? i have an other question: is there any chance of oil contamination or rust or anything else could happend while using water methanol injection??? what is the best place to buy these kit??? best price??? Thank again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank for reply! i'm ready to order a snow water methanol . witch one should i get. stage 2? stage3 or stage 3mpg max??? i have an other question: is there any chance of oil contamination or rust or anything else could happend while using water methanol injection??? what is the best place to buy these kit??? best price??? Thank again
just set the water to come on at a certain EGT temp and the meth to come on at a certain boost so that you're not injecting water/meth at idle

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
there is an anti-corrosion additive in methanol. Rust shouldnt be a problem. Just make sure you get you methanol from a bulk retailer with high volume. Winter blend washer fluid works well too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts