• NO

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Soot Junkie
34 Posts
:wtf I dont know how much you paid, or how built that trans is, but thats no way to ship any rebuild, maybe a core your sending in, but even then, its unsafe to move and likely to roll around and risk cracking the case.

:kick do me a favor and smack your builder, and if hes across the country, at least give him a go tongue lashing:fan

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Is that only held on by plastic wrap? Or are there straps underneith?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Should have been crated, it only takes one bad forklift operator and that unit would be all over the floor in a few more pieces than it was to begin with

shrink wrap works for somethings, definitely not that

·
645 Posts
I had to ship out a 4R100 to get rebuilt (warranty) I put the trans on the pallet (good heavy oak) and screwed 2x4's all around the oil pan, then took some steel strapping went over the trans in a 3 spots (front, middle, rear) screwed down to the pallet. I made a nice steel piece to go across the front of the bell to hold the TC on. You could pick the pallet up upside down and the trans would stay on.

I got the trans back 2 weeks later and it looked something like the pic above :wtf

I called the tranny shop and *****ed them out told them the proper way to ship a tranny and asked what happened to my pallet. They guy said that was a real nice pallet, some body snagged it quick, because I wanted to take it home and it was gone that day.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
yeah that is only plastic wrap holding it on.... BARELY
Then that is absolutely ridiculous! I hope you called them and complained.

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Il y a peu de cas vous avez le resverations pour refuser de prendre cette expédition quand il y ressemble.

Il m'a fait cela quelque temps non seulement sur la partie de moteur il a fait la même chose avec des parties électriques aussi.

There are few case you have the resverations to refuse to take that shipment when it look like that.

It did happend to me few time not only on engine part it did the same thing with electrical parts as well.

Merci.
Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts