The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 6.7L Automatic transmission.

What are some pros and cons about this truck, besides fuel mileage that some of you owners have?

Best way to get the most fuel mileage?

·
1,224 Posts
2008 6.7L Automatic transmission.

What are some pros and cons about this truck, besides fuel mileage that some of you owners have?

Best way to get the most fuel mileage?
As far as the 68rfe auto, when towing keep it out of 5th and 6th gear if hauling any significant weight. I learned the hard way at 107k miles I burn't the OD clutch packs. I thought that when towing on the flat and with all the power the 6.7 puts out it didn't feel like it was working hard or lugging,:damnit and used OD to much. My tranny shop even recommends to keep it out of 5 and 6 gears (thats for all diesels)when in city driving even empty. Must newer trucks are programed to get in highest gear possible quickly even at low rpm's for better mpg. Problem is at those low rpm's the clutch pressure is low allowing slippage as soon as you try to speed up.

See this thread about my experience: http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111259

I did add a Sonnax line pressure booster after the rebuild, it plugs into the tranny wiring harness and raises line pressure to clutches yet its not noticable to feel during shifts.

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the G56 6 speed be any better?

·
688 Posts
I just bought an 09 with the 6 speed manual and love it, It drives great!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
688 Posts
At this time it is, once I sell my 95 I will start tinkering with this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts