The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever just flat out proved people wrong that diesels are slow??

i remember a certain incident with my father....lol, poor fella didnt know what was happenin!!! we left a job's driveway gettin onto the main road, and his words were "god this thing is slow as a turtle..." then again, he doesnt know what i have done to the old girl.... :evil: so i boot it, tires just barely catchin, turbos screamin, and him holdin onto the roof handle yellin "OHHH MY GAWWWD"

:evil: bring it on yall :popcorn:

JR :smoke:

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
I know you enjoyed that wondeful Father Son moment when you could return the favor of his years of teaching you things !!! :)

·
Tire Smoker
461 Posts
A guy I work with bought an 04 GTO. He told me if I wanted something fast, I should just get a sports car instead of "dumping all that money in to a big old diesel". Then he goes out into the parking lot and does a big burnout when he is leaving. Some of the guys nodded in aproval and I just shook my head. When I left I did a donught. When it straightened out I let it run a posi burnner 3/4 down the entire parking lot. The look their faces was priceless. The next day someone was asking who did the big burnout and doughnut. I said it must have been that dude with the badass GTO....everyone laughed. I have invited him to the track and he is always busy. He hasn't ever said anything about my truck since.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey bobo, i had a similar situation with my friend and his aparently "badass" 92 350 camaro. We were out in front of the body shop one day after my buddy Woody had just finished painting my dump body. He says to me "does that thing clattering mean its about to fall apart?" and he laughs...I just smile and say "um.....no." as he pulls out of the parking lot he lays it down, and powerbrakes it all the way out to the road. I came around the corner of the shop, looked at him (he was facing me, he turned around to see what i was gonna do) i got rolling, at about 1400 rpms in first, flipped the lockup on, and sink my foot to the floor. the smoke is pourin all over...the tires, the stacks, it was american beauty. i kept em lit all the way into the road and to the stop light. and on the way home i kept messing with him. id back off for a while, then romp on it so he could hear the turbos, and get right on his azz :D

just because they clatter.....dont mean their gunna die!!! :poke: :roflmao:

JR :smoke:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts