The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure when it happened but. When I opened the hood the other day I cold see the truck had puked at some point in time. first time this has happened. I already have had the TSB done for the de-gas bottle coolant was at the min mark. I'm running a street tune from Innovatove. Question is I will be pulling about 8000# 600 miles next week. Wondering If I should just put the truck back to stock for this trip. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's a pretty mild program, so I would assume the truck may have been hot. When they get really hot, like when it's hot outside, you may get some pressure in the bottle. The pressure releases through the cap and may blow some coolant. I've seen stock trucks do this, especially while towing. I would run a tow program when towing or tow stock, that's the safest way.

·
4,318 Posts
Eric know his stuff. Use the tow tune for towing, thats what its for! Dont tow with anything higher in heat. I think that these engines under stock conditions will push up some coolant. I would not worry about it. when your truck pukes, people behind you will turn on their windshield wippers...

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
InnovativeDiesel said:
That's a pretty mild program, so I would assume the truck may have been hot. When they get really hot, like when it's hot outside, you may get some pressure in the bottle. The pressure releases through the cap and may blow some coolant. I've seen stock trucks do this, especially while towing. I would run a tow program when towing or tow stock, that's the safest way.

Yes it was hot and I was on a 4 hour interstate run. Tow tune- any options or things I need to decide I want or not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts