The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished doing an egr delete on my 2007. Took my truck out and had no problems with it. Then I head off to work and am pulling a trailer up some pretty steep grades and after a while I stop and have antifreeze under the hood that puked out of the resevoir. Any ideas what the problem would be? I really hope its not head gaskets? truck has never done this before. I filled it up with more cooant and drove another hour and it was good. any ideas?

·
188 Posts
I just finished doing an egr delete on my 2007. Took my truck out and had no problems with it. Then I head off to work and am pulling a trailer up some pretty steep grades and after a while I stop and have antifreeze under the hood that puked out of the resevoir. Any ideas what the problem would be? I really hope its not head gaskets? truck has never done this before. I filled it up with more cooant and drove another hour and it was good. any ideas?
Could of had air in it where did you fill to the new full cold mark is the add mark, maybe it just had to :fart
2 stroker:D

·
1,211 Posts
What mods do you have?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I have done so far is the egr delete also replaced the oil cooler at the same time a week ago. It did it again to me this morning pulling a trailer up a steep long grade. U guys think it could just be the cap? Also how do u tell if there is coolant in the oil? That should tell me if its a head gasket. Right?

·
2,951 Posts
The only thing I have done so far is the egr delete also replaced the oil cooler at the same time a week ago. It did it again to me this morning pulling a trailer up a steep long grade. U guys think it could just be the cap? Also how do u tell if there is coolant in the oil? That should tell me if its a head gasket. Right?
IMO its not the cap. First guess would be air in the system because of the repairs you said were just done. Not sure if you did the EGR delete and oil cooler your self or a shop. The system should of been cleaned and refilled so I would bet there is some air in the system because of this. If there is no air in the system I would then say it is HG's because you just replaced the oil cooler and deleted the EGR.

Lonnie

·
1,211 Posts
and no there really shouldnt be oil coolant mix these are mls gaskets and dont normally cause problems like that ..
easiest thing to do is a pressure test of the coolant system..if it leaks down fast its most likely hg's
+1 .....

·
52 Posts
Yea every time i seen HG's Its always puking it out the degas bottle because of so much compression and just 16psi in cooling system. and i see it more when people are pulling trailer cause it works the motor harder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts