The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at this product for a little while and want to know if anybody has had any experience with it?

I'm planning on buying a Warn 9k winch with the 2" receiver adapter for my F-350, that way I can have 18k pulling capability with a block and tackle and still have a relatively lite winch that I can move from front to back.

I've heard the Pull-Pal is great in sand, which is what I intend on using it in 99% of the time. But $500 seems like a high price for such a small piece of equipment. I'm pretty sure I can weld up one myself easily but I don't know the exact measurements of it. If someone could post some info on the measurements of the 14K Pull-Pal and maybe some pics I would appreciate it. :thumbsup

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:txflag TX A&I till I die :woohoo

·
Joe Boyer
95 Posts
I read in a four wheeler mag they're not so great for heavier vehicles.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I know a guy that I use to wheel with in Alaska that loved wheeling so much he would go out by himself because he brought one. He said there was never a place that he got stuck that it didn't get enough bite to pull him out. Take into acount that this was in Alaska where like 70% of all wheeling is done in muskege, which is kind of like tundra but with water underneath anywhere from 6" to 30' deep. I would say heck yeah this is worth it if you wheel by yourself...but if you don't think you will or you think there are going to be tree's near by I wouldn't...

Tyler

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mainly I want to get it for when I go out on Padre Island National Seashore. There isn't anything to winch from out there, but I can't stand being without my 08' SuperStroke for more than an hour. It's better than stock off-road now but I just don't want to risk getting stuck out there 60 miles from the nearest building. I figure if I build it myself I can design it to get better grip for heavier trucks in sand, I.E. bigger blade.

·
572 Posts
Bury your spare tire like 4ft deep with a strap tied through the middle and your winch connected to that. Trust me, it works.

·
5,365 Posts
the pull pal specs dont match the block and tackle your talking about.
the best they rate their product for are 14k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts