The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my comp to send off for the drag upgrade and I threw a p0500 veh. speed sensor code. Has this happened to anyone else when they pulled their comp? I am going to take the truck tomorrow to see if they can clear the code. I hate driving it right now. I hope Edge hurries with the upgrade so I can get it back on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am planning on sending my comp out for the drag upgrade as well. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to upgrade it?...Sry just had a quick question didnt mean to hijack ur thread

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told me about 10 days.

·
3,514 Posts
hmmm, I haven't heard of anyone throwing that code before. And I have pulled my comp off for various reasons in the past and never thrown anything.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phily 911 said:
no I got a PO1693 and PO216
Did the p0216 clear when you reinstalled the box? I probably would have blown a gasket if I would have ended up with a pump code.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from Advance Auto and they pulled a p0216 and a p0237. They didn't get a p0500. I don't know what is going on here. They couldn't get the codes to clear either. Hopefully when I get the comp back the codes will clear and all will be well. If not, a VP44 is in my future I guess.

·
1,055 Posts
Mine did not get a code, but I did have a problem with it and sent it back. I had a brand new one in about a week. Good luck.

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
have you any other problems from your vp?

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing major until I pulled the comp. I had a day when I had to let the fuel pressure drop to below 5 psi before starting the truck or a lope would develop and last for a minute or two. That was the first sign that there might be problems. It has run fine since then(about a month).

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!!

I got the comp back this morning and reinstalled it. I took a ride to Advance again and the codes cleared. The truck feels like it's old self again.:woot: I still think I am living on borrowed time but I will take every day I can. I have a feeling the stage 5's will be going in Sat. weather permitting.

·
4,158 Posts
akapparos said:
I got the comp back this morning and reinstalled it. I took a ride to Advance again and the codes cleared. The truck feels like it's old self again.:woot: I still think I am living on borrowed time but I will take every day I can. I have a feeling the stage 5's will be going in Sat. weather permitting.
Let me know if you want/need some help on them, i'd love to come help out.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll let you know Charley. As long as it isn't raining too bad I'll be doing it.

·
4,158 Posts
akapparos said:
I'll let you know Charley. As long as it isn't raining too bad I'll be doing it.
Ok thanks Alex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts