The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i go out and pull the codes on my truck do i go on-off-on-off-on and it will display the codes and next time i turn it on will it be back on my odometer or will it keep displaying codes

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
You will go ... On, Off, On, Off, On..... That should pull the codes up, if it still does it on a 2001....My truck is a 2000 and they show up in the OD window. After flashing the codes to you, it should read "P-Done" indicating it has pulled everything it can see. It is ok to simply start the truck at that point. It will go back to the odometer.
Is that the info you were looking for? If not, let me know...I'll try to help more.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats exactly i went out and did it and it didnt pull nothin so i dont have no worries now bc i have been having the seat belt light stay on all the time and the air bag with flash on and off and the brake light will come on under hard excelleration in 4 high

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
The way it sounds is there is a wire shorting out in the dash somewheres or something else in the dash causing the problems...

ABS/BRAKE light problems should throw a code.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks i was just wondering why it kept flashing at me

·
1,189 Posts
the brake light comes on when the front and rear tires are spinning at different speeds. Mine came on when I was dynoing the last time and also when I was coming home in the ice in 2wd and got a little sideways

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanks that was the one that had me worried the most

·
1,189 Posts
But mine did turn off a while later or once I restarted the truck

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
FYI - OBD II error code sticky

Just for information purpose there is now a sticky with OBD II error code list and how to do it...

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks moparman yea mine just flashes on and off it never stays on longer than two seconds

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since the sticky is locked to replys what is the max fuel pressure that a vp44 can run at im thinkin about gettin a raptor lift pump that has adjustable pressure so i was wonderin can i crank it all the way up or is their a number i should shoot for

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Since the sticky is locked to replys what is the max fuel pressure that a vp44 can run at im thinkin about gettin a raptor lift pump that has adjustable pressure so i was wonderin can i crank it all the way up or is their a number i should shoot for
Min pressure is 10 PSI
Max pressure is 20 PSI

I'll edit the sticky...:thumbsup

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts